Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • southboundx
    • By southboundx 14th Jun 17, 11:13 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    southboundx
    Meter Exchange - Leaving Supplier
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:13 PM
    Meter Exchange - Leaving Supplier 14th Jun 17 at 11:13 PM
    I have had my meter changed this week and have moved from pre-payment to credit (smart) meter.

I am currently on a Standard tariff so not currently tied in to anything and a
    fter doing a comparison there are a lot cheaper companies out there (with npower at the moment).

My only worry is about the meter exchange - are they able to charge me for this if I leave?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 15th Jun 17, 9:23 AM
    • 599 Posts
    • 476 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:23 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:23 AM
    In general NO, but you might want to check your supplier's terms and conditions of their website.
  • nPower
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:07 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:07 AM
    I have had my meter changed this week and have moved from pre-payment to credit (smart) meter.

I am currently on a Standard tariff so not currently tied in to anything and a
    fter doing a comparison there are a lot cheaper companies out there (with npower at the moment).

My only worry is about the meter exchange - are they able to charge me for this if I leave?

Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by southboundx

Hi southboundx,

Thank for your message. If you need any help with your account please contact us using the details on our profile page.

Thanks

Jen
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 15th Jun 17, 3:55 PM
    • 26,578 Posts
    • 12,808 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:55 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:55 PM
    The smart meter will probably become a 'dumb' meter with a new supplier.

Many suppliers will carry out a 'credit check' before acceptance.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,270Posts Today

9,981Users online

Martin's Twitter