Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thira157
    • By thira157 14th Jun 17, 10:55 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    thira157
    Bank Statement for specific days
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:55 PM
    Bank Statement for specific days 14th Jun 17 at 10:55 PM
    Hi everyone,

I need either to get a bank statement for specific days. On the web banking, I can get a statement which is for a very long period of time. Alternatively, I would be satisfied by having a statement with the paid in money from a specific payee.

I called my bank they told me they can do it and i didn't take any action until a few days when I called them to do so but they denied that they can provide a statement for specific days or from a specific payee. So I asked them to go back and listen to the call when they told me that its possible. I remember really well that the person told me that the bank can create a letter that sends to the branch and the branch send that to me.

Any ideas??
Page 1
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 15th Jun 17, 12:58 AM
    • 5,631 Posts
    • 5,470 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 15th Jun 17, 12:58 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 12:58 AM
    Most online banking sites have various search/filter and export/download capabilities that should help - which bank is it?
    • Chalkius
    • By Chalkius 15th Jun 17, 8:29 AM
    • 88 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Chalkius
    • 15th Jun 17, 8:29 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 8:29 AM
    If it's just to see a list of transactions you can filter it on your online banking like Esk says.

If you want an actual bank statement for a specific day or days, that's more difficult. I know my bank won't do it. Once a statement is produced, they'll gladly send you replacement copies of it but if your statement runs mid April to mid May, they won't be able to get you a statement for example, the 2nd of May. Bank statements are basically legal proof of what has come in and out of your account so they're usually not created ad hoc for specific days in the past. Your bank may let you change your frequency for the future though.
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 15th Jun 17, 6:47 PM
    • 24,103 Posts
    • 11,380 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 15th Jun 17, 6:47 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 6:47 PM
    OP does your internet banking have a search facility for statements?

If so try searching between the dates in question and print off at home.

As others have posted I don't think your bank can do this for you as once a statement is issued its issued.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

387Posts Today

3,545Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin