Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • murphys65
    • By murphys65 14th Jun 17, 10:54 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    murphys65
    Sip/Gladstone judgement for claimant
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:54 PM
    Sip/Gladstone judgement for claimant 14th Jun 17 at 10:54 PM
    Hi I'm looking for some help on an issue I have with sip/Gladstones.

I am a couple of days out of adding a defence on money service due to private parking appeals not getting back to me and I was stupidly assuming they were working behind the scenes on the case. Even after paying and sending in the paperwork they required.

It is a complicated case as the owner of the car has learning disabilities and can not tell who was driving. They have now received a judgment for claimant letter.

Is it worth writing to court manager to explain? I really wanted a court date to defend the case. Is this not possible?

Any help greatfully received
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Jun 17, 11:00 PM
    • 2,019 Posts
    • 2,440 Thanks
    waamo
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:00 PM
    Has any kind of defence been entered? I'm guessing not.
    This space for hire.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Jun 17, 11:00 PM
    • 14,629 Posts
    • 23,016 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Is it worth writing to court manager to explain? I really wanted a court date to defend the case. Is this not possible?
    You can try, but it will cost £255 to try to achieve a set aside.

Read the following on set asides etc:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=CCJ+set+aside&cad=h

http://www.aboutsmallclaims.co.uk/

http://www.aboutsmallclaims.co.uk/county-court-judgement-against-you.html

http://www.aboutsmallclaims.co.uk/set-aside-default-court-judgment.html
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • murphys65
    • By murphys65 14th Jun 17, 11:04 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    murphys65
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:04 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:04 PM
    No! I'm fuming with parking appeals!
    • murphys65
    • By murphys65 14th Jun 17, 11:06 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    murphys65
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:06 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:06 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

The amount is £265 so there really is no point in doing that.

What happens after judgement has been made will they still chase for the money through bailiffs?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Jun 17, 11:08 PM
    • 2,019 Posts
    • 2,440 Thanks
    waamo
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:08 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:08 PM
    As above you might be able to get a set aside. I don't rate your chances highly though. The fact the defendant has learning difficulties may help though.

Is there a charity that could help? It might be worth seeing a solicitor. Some do a free half hour session.

If the defendant is on benefits then you may be able to get set aside fees waived.
    This space for hire.
    • murphys65
    • By murphys65 14th Jun 17, 11:12 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    murphys65
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:12 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:12 PM
    As above you might be able to get a set aside. I don't rate your chances highly though. The fact the defendant has learning difficulties may help though.

Is there a charity that could help? It might be worth seeing a solicitor. Some do a free half hour session.

If the defendant is on benefits then

Yes they are on full benefits. I'll try and go down that route.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 14th Jun 17, 11:16 PM
    • 7,301 Posts
    • 7,457 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:16 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:16 PM
    No! I'm fuming with parking appeals!
    Originally posted by murphys65
    sip parking is IPC , privste parking appeals will not or do not handle IPC company appeals , this info is clearly stated when you apply
    • murphys65
    • By murphys65 14th Jun 17, 11:20 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    murphys65
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:20 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:20 PM
    This was never mentioned! even after the paperwork was given to them. Their response sounded like they were dealing with it!
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Jun 17, 11:20 PM
    • 2,019 Posts
    • 2,440 Thanks
    waamo
    It's a long shot but frankly you might as well clutch at straws.
    This space for hire.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 14th Jun 17, 11:25 PM
    • 7,301 Posts
    • 7,457 Thanks
    pappa golf
    This was never mentioned! even after the paperwork was given to them. Their response sounded like they were dealing with it!
    umm its clearly shown on there website ,,,
    • murphys65
    • By murphys65 14th Jun 17, 11:28 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    murphys65
    So assuming you don't know what an IPC company is? They just take your money!!! That doesn't make it right. A simple email stating they can not help you would suffice.

I'm going through a chargeback nonetheless
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 14th Jun 17, 11:42 PM
    • 7,301 Posts
    • 7,457 Thanks
    pappa golf
    So assuming you don't know what an IPC company is? They just take your money!!! That doesn't make it right. A simple email stating they can not help you would suffice.

I'm going through a chargeback nonetheless

"We will handle the entire appeals process for you, including the first appeal to the parking company, and (if required) the second stage appeal to POPLA, for a fee of £19. Just complete the form on our ‘Make An Appeal‘ page, "

"IPC Member company appeals

WE will require YOU to provide us with a copy of the Notice from the parking company, and to continue to supply US with any further correspondence that YOU nay be sent during the processing of YOUR appeal by US. WE cannot complete this appeal without YOUR supplying this information, and YOUR failure to supply this will not entitle YOU to any refund.

IPC companies will nearly always reject YOUR appeal and the IAS appeal will similarly be rejected.

In order to provide YOU with the service, YOU agree that if YOU have received an IPC member company ticket and WE notify YOU of this before starting to provide the service, YOU will not hold US to OUR Money Back Guarantee.

YOU authorise US to contact the Member company, or the IPC or IAS on your behalf, and requiring them to correspond with US on YOUR behalf at an address which WE will notify to them.

YOU authorise US to take any reasonable step against the IPC Member company, the IPC or IAS, or the Landowner to enforce the requirements of law, complain of their conduct or otherwise seek to have the ticket cancelled.

It may be that prior to or following such rejection, WE are in any case able to seek cancellation of the charge by other means. In such cases, you authorise us to continue to pursue other means to cancel the charge.

Where YOUR PCN has been issued by an IPC member company, your payment of £19 covers the first appeal to the company, the second appeal to the IAS, and in the unlikely event of the company continuing to pursue you directly, a response to Debt Collectors or a Letter of Claim/Court Claim."

and nothing more

" YOU will not hold US to OUR Money Back Guaranteein the case of an IPC company"

PS , yes I do know what a company that is a member of the ISP is ,edit: IPC
    Last edited by pappa golf; 15-06-2017 at 8:32 AM.
    • murphys65
    • By murphys65 14th Jun 17, 11:51 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    murphys65
    ISP LOL! thanks for the advice!!!
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Jun 17, 11:54 PM
    • 2,019 Posts
    • 2,440 Thanks
    waamo
    PG has a very good point. You may well be losing focus trying to chase to many avenues.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

150Posts Today

1,556Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin