Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • u23battyee
    • By u23battyee 14th Jun 17, 10:36 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    u23battyee
    PPS Parking ticket help
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:36 PM
    PPS Parking ticket help 14th Jun 17 at 10:36 PM
    Hello,

I am new to this forum so please let me know if I am doing something wrong. I have tried to make sense of the stickyed threads but am have a question that I can't see listed. Please let me explain, if you can help then please do.
    I was in a rush on the 2nd of June ( about to go on a holiday) and parked at a PPS (Premier Parking Solutions) car park in Paignton. I was driving my girlfriends car (which I am not the registered keeper of she is) and brought a ticket from the machine. However here comes the mistake, I entered my own cars registration and not the car I had parked. Stupid error I know but I was on autopilot ( I didn't realise the mistake until I got the sinking feeling 5 minutes after reading the letter my girlfriend got through the post) We feel sick at the 100 pound charge.
    However to my relief I still have the ticket.

The letter we received has pictures of the car and the registration plate on entering and leaving the the car park. It has the time as 16:45:56 til 17:15:30. My ticket has the time as 16:47-17:47. However obviously the wrong registration.

My first reaction was fantastic I can prove I paid, but then my gut kicked in with a more clinical "they are going to try and screw me which ever way and technically I made the mistake of inputting the wrong reg."

Can someone please advise do I have grounds of appeal, and if so how I go about it. We only just got the letter tonight after returning from holiday and we are skint enough without having to pay this. Please help!
    Last edited by u23battyee; 14-06-2017 at 10:38 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Jun 17, 10:56 PM
    • 13,586 Posts
    • 21,308 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:56 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:56 PM
    Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, post #1 will do for now. PPS are IPC members, so you need to batten down your hatches and be prepared for the long run - up to 6 years.

But this doesn't mean you pay this, just that you need to be resilient, and not to crack at any sign of pressure. We're here to help you see this through.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • u23battyee
    • By u23battyee 14th Jun 17, 11:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    u23battyee
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:15 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:15 PM
    So from this I should not expect that a claim for having entered the wrong registration to work? I should go with the "Template appeal for IPC members"?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 17, 11:28 PM
    • 48,190 Posts
    • 61,655 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:28 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:28 PM
    I should not expect that a claim for having entered the wrong registration to work
    A claim? Why do people call an appeal a claim?

Anyway, nothing will work. Do not pay. I hoped the NEWBIES thread made it clear that IPC cases are all the same.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

317Posts Today

3,663Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin