Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jessm89
    • By Jessm89 14th Jun 17, 10:19 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jessm89
    Parking Eye
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:19 PM
    Parking Eye 14th Jun 17 at 10:19 PM
    In 2015 I got a fine from Parking Eye for parking in a private car park. To cut a long story short I was late for a medical I had no change. I tried to pay by card which they didnt accept. So after my medical I put money in the meter which well covered how long I'd been in the car park. Any normal day i woulda moved it but that day I didnt have time. Anyway when the fine came through i appealed it. Sent in my evidence etc. I got a reply saying the appeal had been passed on to some other appeals board in london and to submit the same information to them. Which I did. Was told I'd hear a outcome in 14 days. Never heard a thing. I came back off holiday yesterday and I've got a letter from parking eye saying because its been 28days since popla rejected my appeal they are taking me to court if I don't pay in 14 days. So I did a Google and emailed them a letter alot of people had shared saying I want more information. But truth be told what happens from here. I don't even know if I've got the paperwork or the ticket anymore cos I'd assumed after this long they'd forgotten about it. I'm starting a new job the last thing i need is a ccj cropping up on my credit record. But i refuse to pay. I paid on the day before i left the car park
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 17, 11:17 PM
    • 50,750 Posts
    • 64,159 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:17 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:17 PM
    But truth be told what happens from here
    Well they sue people (in England & Wales) but if this is a PCN from 2015 it seems odd that they haven't sued in your case.

Which location?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Jun 17, 9:38 AM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,007 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:38 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:38 AM
    You only get a ccj on your record by ignoring one or not paying it off on full within 30 days of getting one

See the newbies thread near the top of the forum to see what happens in the event you get a court claim. And how to deal with one.
    Last edited by Quentin; 15-06-2017 at 9:40 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

644Posts Today

5,895Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin