Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • HumDrum70
    • By HumDrum70 14th Jun 17, 9:09 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    HumDrum70
    Parking charge
    • 14th Jun 17, 9:09 PM
    Parking charge 14th Jun 17 at 9:09 PM
    Parking fine - 12 May 2017 at 16:59:31, at Royal United Hospital Bath - Car Park 1a .
    On the day in question, I left the hospital and paid for my parking by card following the machine's instructions. The receipt the machine printed looked no different to the one I had received the week before on a previous visit. This latest receipt even had the amount printed as £3, so therefore, I assumed this sum of money had been deducted from my bank account. Several weeks later, I received a PCN with time and photos of the car in question coming and going, stating no payment had been received. Thinking myself clever, I hoiked out said receipt, scanned it and then saw (as my scanner enlarged the small ticket/ receipt to A4) the word 'void' at the top in tiny print, obscured by other text. I would have thought the amount would say £0.00 but it didn't so I just didn't notice the payment hadn't gone through. I have appealed and the appeal was declined informing me to either pay or appeal to POPLA. So, the long and short of it is a) I didn't find this forum until after I appealed. b) I never did pay for my parking c) I feel this was no fault of my own but a misleading ticket/ receipt and possibly a faulty machine not connecting card to bank. Can anyone advise me where I stand?
    Last edited by HumDrum70; 15-06-2017 at 3:36 PM. Reason: wrong place
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Jun 17, 9:15 PM
    • 1,914 Posts
    • 2,299 Thanks
    waamo
    • 14th Jun 17, 9:15 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 9:15 PM
    If you look at the top of this Motoring section you will see a parking ticket forum. This belongs there.
    This space for hire.
    • HumDrum70
    • By HumDrum70 15th Jun 17, 3:37 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    HumDrum70
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:37 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:37 PM
    Thanks. I haven't used a forum before so wasn't sure. I can't find the delete or move icon
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Jun 17, 3:40 PM
    • 32,402 Posts
    • 16,497 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:40 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:40 PM
    Ask a board guide to move this to the parking forum
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 15th Jun 17, 5:05 PM
    • 1,987 Posts
    • 1,003 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 15th Jun 17, 5:05 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 5:05 PM
    Board guides on Motoring are:
    Crabman
    Soolin
    Savvy
    Just send a PM (Private Message) to one of those kind people and they will move your thread.
    At the top of the thread (just after it says "Welcome" Humdrum70), you will see a link marked Private Message (PMs), click on that and one of the options is to send new message.
    Last edited by Le_Kirk; 15-06-2017 at 5:07 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

418Posts Today

5,597Users online

Martin's Twitter