Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TGP909
    • By TGP909 14th Jun 17, 8:12 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    TGP909
    Euro Parking Services Ltd
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:12 PM
    Euro Parking Services Ltd 14th Jun 17 at 8:12 PM
    Hi all need some advice

Received a parking ticket December 2016 from a free car park overlooked by euro parking whilst in the store looking around I had it put on my windscreen (I didn't realise this had happened until I got home) I have appealed the ticket saying I was in the store at the time and I have a receipt from the store 30 mins after the ticket was put on my windscreen total time 40 minutes (including 10 minutes observation) they said the car park is for people using the store only and that I wasn't using the store...

I've now received notice of proposed allocation of the small claims track

Can someone shed some light on what I do next do I get a defence together or do I agree to the mediation, and if I do get have to get a defence together can someone help me out with that I need to say/write etc etc (I have till the 23rd of June to submit my response back to the courts)

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 17, 8:14 PM
    • 46,883 Posts
    • 60,192 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:14 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:14 PM
    I've now received notice of proposed allocation of the small claims track

Can someone shed some light on what I do next do I get a defence together...
    You do realise your have ALREADY defended. Whatever you put on the claim form is your defence...tell us what you put, tell us you kept a copy. Show us the defence you are now stuck with and we will try to rescue something from it.

do I agree to the mediation
    You can't have read the NEWBIES thread yet then? Post #2 of it (no link, see my signature). Tells you all about court stage.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• TGP909
    • By TGP909 14th Jun 17, 8:40 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    TGP909
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:40 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:40 PM
    It was all done online on the money claim gov website I put the bare minimum (which I think was wrong looking at the newbies section ��)

It stated at the time of the ticket being placed on my windscreen I was in the store and I have receipts proving I purchased something in the store timed and dated 30 minutes after the parking ticket was put on my windscreen)

From what I can gather from my small claims letter I think they are trying to sort it out at mediation and not go to court (or am I wrong and that's the courts just attaching them letters in the envelope)

I dont/ didn't keep copies of my defence which I now realise is a massive school boy error??

Thanks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Jun 17, 8:44 PM
    • 13,113 Posts
    • 20,442 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:44 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:44 PM
    From what I can gather from my small claims letter I think they are trying to sort it out at mediation and not go to court
    Please don't say you've agreed to mediation. Please go back to the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 and read what it says about mediation.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • TGP909
    • By TGP909 14th Jun 17, 8:52 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    TGP909
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:52 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:52 PM
    No I haven't agree to anything and I'm also being daft and I'm struggling to find anything about mediation on the newbies post?? Can anyone point me in the right direction
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Jun 17, 8:57 PM
    • 31,495 Posts
    • 15,504 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:57 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:57 PM
    No I haven't agree to anything and I'm also being daft and I'm struggling to find anything about mediation on the newbies post?? Can anyone point me in the right direction
    Originally posted by TGP909

You don't want mediation! Refuse it.
    • TGP909
    • By TGP909 14th Jun 17, 9:00 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    TGP909
    • 14th Jun 17, 9:00 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 9:00 PM
    I've found it now so defiantly a no no to mediation,

Thanks I'll send the notice back tomorrow saying no to mediation should I keep a copy of this? Or is sending to the courts safe enough?

Should I send it signed for so I defiantly know it has been delivered and on what date it was delivered?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Jun 17, 9:03 PM
    • 31,495 Posts
    • 15,504 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Jun 17, 9:03 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 9:03 PM
    You should keep copies of everything you send to court/the claimant

No need for signed for, just get free proofs of posting certificates from the post office - and keep those too!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 17, 9:07 PM
    • 46,883 Posts
    • 60,192 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jun 17, 9:07 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 9:07 PM
    I think your auto-correct keeps changing 'definitely' to defiantly - an amusing effect not intended.

Thanks I'll send the notice back tomorrow saying no to mediation should I keep a copy of this? Or is sending to the courts safe enough?
    Bargepole's summary of what to do makes it clear that everything from now on, has to be served to the other side as well.

You need to start keeping a copy of everything but you are going to struggle with this because this is not a defence:

It stated at the time of the ticket being placed on my windscreen I was in the store and I have receipts proving I purchased something in the store timed and dated 30 minutes after the parking ticket was put on my windscreen)
    ...unless the PCN was for 'leaving the site' in which case THEY will struggle to prove it!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

104Posts Today

2,560Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @themiltonjones: Bother. Chucked out of Question Time.

• Hmm I meant getting radical in my last tweet - having googled 'getting rad', I may not be in touch with t'lingo... https://t.co/t538UveBuz

• Dimbleby becomes the Dimblebomb and kicks someone out. Question time getting rad #bbqt

• Follow Martin