Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • collideorscape
    • By collideorscape 14th Jun 17, 8:00 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    collideorscape
    Lost ISA
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:00 PM
    Lost ISA 14th Jun 17 at 8:00 PM
    Years ago, my wife and I bought ISAs with Santander (Abbey National back then). We did not get any statements, but we had not had an ISA before, so did not expect any. Recently, I got a message from Santander, posted to an old address, saying they had taken some of the ISA funds to pay their fees (a tiny amount). That reminded me about the ISAs, so I have been trying to track them down, or at least change their address to where I now live.

Complete brick wall. Santander take months to reply to any mail, and the replies just say things like I need to supply the account number of my current account with them. (I have not had an account with them for years.)

What should I do. I don't want to just write off these ISAs -- they are worth thousands of pounds. Any ideas?
Page 1
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 15th Jun 17, 12:21 AM
    • 5,798 Posts
    • 5,681 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 15th Jun 17, 12:21 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 12:21 AM
    I can understand why they'd need to verify your identity if you don't have any pertinent details and your address doesn't match what they have, so you're going to need to work with them, but that's no excuse for not responding and your failing to update your address when moving doesn't give them the right to retain your money! NI number is uniquely associated with any ISA so that may help match their records?

Anyway, lodge a formal complaint via http://www.santander.co.uk/uk/help-support/complaints, explaining how you're getting the runaround, and take it from there....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

1,579Users online

Martin's Twitter