Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Haydnsnana
    • By Haydnsnana 14th Jun 17, 7:58 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Haydnsnana
    Hermes failure to pay compensation
    • 14th Jun 17, 7:58 PM
    Hermes failure to pay compensation 14th Jun 17 at 7:58 PM
    In Feb of this year Hermes took delivery of my parcel the failed to deliver. After a number of promises that it was being delivered on specific days they finally admitted they had lost it - and then found it, then list it - you get the picture! In April of this year they accepted my claim for £25 compensation and despite dozens of messages to them have failed to pay it, thus again despite several messages saying it was being processed. I tried to process a complaint via the retail ombudsman but they admit that Hermes have failed to cooperate in the past so won't take my claim. What really hurts is that the parcel contained cloth bags for cancer patients that I make - over 25 of them. The £25 is barely the first of the fabric...I now have no heart to make more. Can anyone advise of further action?
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 14th Jun 17, 8:01 PM
    • 18,426 Posts
    • 14,141 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:01 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:01 PM
    Taking to social media is one method that might work, they appear to have Twitter and Facebook accounts. Make sure you mention the cancer connection, they'll be quicker to want to resolve it if it looks like they are depriving cancer patients.
    • takman
    • By takman 15th Jun 17, 10:01 AM
    • 2,624 Posts
    • 2,178 Thanks
    takman
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:01 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:01 AM
    In Feb of this year Hermes took delivery of my parcel the failed to deliver. After a number of promises that it was being delivered on specific days they finally admitted they had lost it - and then found it, then list it - you get the picture! In April of this year they accepted my claim for £25 compensation and despite dozens of messages to them have failed to pay it, thus again despite several messages saying it was being processed. I tried to process a complaint via the retail ombudsman but they admit that Hermes have failed to cooperate in the past so won't take my claim. What really hurts is that the parcel contained cloth bags for cancer patients that I make - over 25 of them. The £25 is barely the first of the fabric...I now have no heart to make more. Can anyone advise of further action?
    Originally posted by Haydnsnana
    If they are worth more than £25 why didn't you pay for a higher amount of insurance?.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,555Posts Today

4,172Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin