Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Megaroo89
    • By Megaroo89 14th Jun 17, 7:22 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Megaroo89
    Advance/Arrears pay - HELP!!
    • 14th Jun 17, 7:22 PM
    Advance/Arrears pay - HELP!! 14th Jun 17 at 7:22 PM
    Hi
    My former employer pay 2 weeks in advance and 2 weeks in arrears with pay date falling on/around 15th of every month. I started working there on 4th July (roughly two weeks before pay date) and left on 30th May (roughly two weeks after pay date).

I have not received any paperwork confirming when my final pay was/would be, or if I owe any holiday etc. and my P45 is dated (confusingly) 15th May.
    Am I correct in thinking that I will receive part of my monthly salary on 15 June or was 15 May my final pay?
    Thanks.
Page 1
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 14th Jun 17, 10:50 PM
    • 18,785 Posts
    • 19,088 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:50 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:50 PM
    The payment in May should be for your final salary. It would have been your final salary even if your last day was 31st May, since you are normally paid mid-month for a period covering you until the end of the month.

You may, or may not, be owed some holiday pay, but of course no-one on here can tell you whether you are or not! I suggest you work out where you are in your holiday year, how much leave you have taken and who owes who money!
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,528Posts Today

7,194Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin