Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mollyolly
    • By mollyolly 14th Jun 17, 6:56 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mollyolly
    Employer home visit when i have produced a doctors certificate
    • 14th Jun 17, 6:56 PM
    Employer home visit when i have produced a doctors certificate 14th Jun 17 at 6:56 PM
    Hi, I was signed off work last friday for 7 days by my dr due to swollen achilles tendon. I am a gardener and it has been advised to rest it for 7 days. I went to my work and no one was in so I left the certificate and a detailed note explaining I am signed off and why and that I would be back on the Monday and they could ring me at home if needed. That evening I received a long text from my boss saying sorry to hear that but what is prognosis, how long will it take to heal, can I do any gardening without using my leg !!!! am I receiving treatment, will I see the dr again and that they cant get other help in the garden at short notice and there is lots to do. what do I need to do to get better and am I having physio. I text back saying what I had been told, rest, ice, compression and elevation and that I would return as usual on Monday as I had already stated in my note. On wednesday, 5 days later I receive another text from my boss asking how I am, am I seeing the dr before I return to work, what work can I do and for how long when I return on Monday and should I see the dr before then to assess if it is advisable to come back to work or would it risk further damage and again saying that they cant find anyone to work in the garden at short notice and there is lots of work to do. I replied saying that the rest is doing it good and I will return as I said on Monday and will carry on my work as usual and get done what work I can. I have not had a reply yet. This evening out of work hours the land agent who is the go between from my bosses and us staff text me to say that he will try and pop by tomorrow. I text him asking why does he need to see me. No reply, so I sent another text asking why the need to see me and if it is work related he can see me at work as usual on Monday. Is this usual procedure ??? It isnt where I work. I have been here 6years now, work full time and not often off sick at all. Other staff have had minor injuries or ops and been off for a longer time than 7 days yet they have not had all this "attention"..... can I refuse to see the land agent at home when I am off sick with a fit note from my dr ?? Or are they unfairly hassling me
Page 1
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 14th Jun 17, 8:14 PM
    • 4,026 Posts
    • 6,520 Thanks
    sangie595
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:14 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:14 PM
    Hi, I was signed off work last friday for 7 days by my dr due to swollen achilles tendon. I am a gardener and it has been advised to rest it for 7 days. I went to my work and no one was in so I left the certificate and a detailed note explaining I am signed off and why and that I would be back on the Monday and they could ring me at home if needed. That evening I received a long text from my boss saying sorry to hear that but what is prognosis, how long will it take to heal, can I do any gardening without using my leg !!!! am I receiving treatment, will I see the dr again and that they cant get other help in the garden at short notice and there is lots to do. what do I need to do to get better and am I having physio. I text back saying what I had been told, rest, ice, compression and elevation and that I would return as usual on Monday as I had already stated in my note. On wednesday, 5 days later I receive another text from my boss asking how I am, am I seeing the dr before I return to work, what work can I do and for how long when I return on Monday and should I see the dr before then to assess if it is advisable to come back to work or would it risk further damage and again saying that they cant find anyone to work in the garden at short notice and there is lots of work to do. I replied saying that the rest is doing it good and I will return as I said on Monday and will carry on my work as usual and get done what work I can. I have not had a reply yet. This evening out of work hours the land agent who is the go between from my bosses and us staff text me to say that he will try and pop by tomorrow. I text him asking why does he need to see me. No reply, so I sent another text asking why the need to see me and if it is work related he can see me at work as usual on Monday. Is this usual procedure ??? It isnt where I work. I have been here 6years now, work full time and not often off sick at all. Other staff have had minor injuries or ops and been off for a longer time than 7 days yet they have not had all this "attention"..... can I refuse to see the land agent at home when I am off sick with a fit note from my dr ?? Or are they unfairly hassling me
    Originally posted by mollyolly
    Given your job and the reason for sickness, nothing much unusual in them wanting to be certain that you only return when fit, that they can't make any adjustments to support your return etc. You certainly can refuse the visit. But there could be consequences that you don't like. There's no reason not to have a conversation about how you feel.
    • t0rt0ise
    • By t0rt0ise 15th Jun 17, 7:55 AM
    • 2,926 Posts
    • 1,792 Thanks
    t0rt0ise
    • 15th Jun 17, 7:55 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 7:55 AM
    Sounds like they can't cope without you. Be flattered.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

711Posts Today

6,613Users online

Martin's Twitter