Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • temples90
    • By temples90 14th Jun 17, 5:45 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    temples90
    MPS PCN Advice
    • 14th Jun 17, 5:45 PM
    MPS PCN Advice 14th Jun 17 at 5:45 PM
    Hi all,

New to the site and looking for some advice after getting a PCN from Millennium Parking Services while on a customer site for work. The customer is in a business park in Swansea and on the day in question their car park was full. Not wanting to get a PCN i didn't park in any of the other car parks but instead found an area which had no markings on the road or signage and thought i was safe, unfortunately not.

I read the newbies thread and as it was a work car (which they in turn lease) and not my own i went about appealing to MPS with pictures taken on the day of where the car was, where the nearest signs were in relation to the car (the closest was behind a tree) and stating the lack of markings on the road.

Today i have received their response and no big shock they have rejected my appeal. They say that the signage is clear, which it isn't you can't read it from the car and it's only on the entrances to the small car park areas and not on the road ways, so i have agreed to the charge. They go on to say that the signage meets the requirements of the IPC code of practice. I have read through this and don't see how. They are not readable from the car, not anywhere near where i park and definitely not on the entrance to the site as it says they should be.

Obviously now the options are either to pay (which is not on the cards), appeal to the IAS or do nothing.

What would the advice of the group be?

Thanks in advanced.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Jun 17, 5:51 PM
    • 32,115 Posts
    • 16,203 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Jun 17, 5:51 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 5:51 PM
    First thing to do is edit your post to remove the details you have gifted regarding identifying the driver.

The newbies FAQ thread advises what you do after getting your appeal rejected by an IAS member
    • temples90
    • By temples90 14th Jun 17, 6:01 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    temples90
    • 14th Jun 17, 6:01 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 6:01 PM
    Thanks for coming back to me Quentin.

I'll look over the Newbies thread again as i must have missed that part!

What details are you referring to? Haven't i already named the driver when appealing to the company directly?

Thanks.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 17, 11:24 PM
    • 48,285 Posts
    • 61,765 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:24 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:24 PM
    i must have missed that part!
    Post #3 of the sticky, it says there is no IAS stage worth trying, it's made pretty clear to come back if you get a court claim.

As it's Millennium in Swansea, you should search the forum for those two words - LOADS of cases and a resident expert.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,833Posts Today

9,124Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin