Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • iituscanii
    • By iituscanii 14th Jun 17, 5:37 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    iituscanii
    BT Sport Price Increase - Cancel?
    • 14th Jun 17, 5:37 PM
    BT Sport Price Increase - Cancel? 14th Jun 17 at 5:37 PM
    Hi,

BT are upping there prices again and now I am in a area that can get more than one supplier I am looking to move away from them and the constant increases and awful TV box.

They increased in April the price for broadband and now 3.50 for sport a month.

I rang up to see if I could cancel and they said I could cancel sport but would cost me £300 to cancel my contract completely.

Where do I stand regarding ofgem and price rises and can any one explain if this applies to me here?

Many Thanks.

Apologies if this is covered I can search very well on my phone. I only saw things for broadband rises not sport or tv packages
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 14th Jun 17, 7:42 PM
    • 9,837 Posts
    • 4,050 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 14th Jun 17, 7:42 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 7:42 PM
    The BT Sport product price was notified along with the April price rise .
    That was the time to leave your contract penalty free or negotiate .Its not a new price increase but one that did not take effect immediately .
    By all means contact OFGEM

from the price increase email Feb 2017.

On 1 August 2017 your monthly price will increase by

BT Sport
    £3.50
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,506Posts Today

7,240Users online

Martin's Twitter