Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rochdalecowboy
    • By rochdalecowboy 14th Jun 17, 4:33 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 4Thanks
    rochdalecowboy
    help with court claim form from civil enforcement
    • 14th Jun 17, 4:33 PM
    help with court claim form from civil enforcement 14th Jun 17 at 4:33 PM
    Hi, I have tried reading through the newbie thread but am struggling to find where to start. I have received a claim form from Northampton for £322 from civil enforcement ltd. the particulars of claim just says outstanding debt and damages.
    I have just ignored previous correspondence, do I admit that I know what the claim is for(parking for longer than the free 2hrs) and send a defence based on that, or do I ask what the charges are for?
    Hope this makes sense thanks
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Jun 17, 4:39 PM
    • 16,110 Posts
    • 20,177 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Jun 17, 4:39 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 4:39 PM
    no , you follow the advice in post #2 of the NEWBIES sticky thread, especially the advice by bargepole

first you login to MCOL and acknowledge the claim saying you are defending it, write NOTHING AT ALL in the defence box , nada , zilch , leave it completely blank

then you have 28 days to draft your defence based on similar cases on here, there are plenty of CEL court claim threads you can read, so use the search box and find and read them

then post your defence on here for critique, minus any personal info (add those details before submission)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Jun 17, 4:55 PM
    • 14,983 Posts
    • 23,543 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 14th Jun 17, 4:55 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 4:55 PM
    CEL have no intentions for themselves turning up in court. They either make you crack and pay them now, or if you don't defend they will win by default (they will have to do nothing more), or you defend this - then they will crack and discontinue the case against you.

The typical actions of a bully.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 17, 10:31 PM
    • 50,755 Posts
    • 64,156 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:31 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:31 PM
    Same as all the other threads like it. Easy to get this quashed but you MUST do what others have done.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

199Posts Today

1,493Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin