Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andru
    • By andru 14th Jun 17, 2:53 PM
    • 104Posts
    • 46Thanks
    andru
    Not sure what card I need.
    • 14th Jun 17, 2:53 PM
    Not sure what card I need. 14th Jun 17 at 2:53 PM
    I'm not sure what type of 0% credit card will be best for me.

There is a possibility I maybe made redundant in the next few weeks/months. It's rumours at the moment but i want to make plans in case. I have 4k left on a loan @517 a month therefore the max time will be 8 months. I can over pay any amount and plan to pay off as much as 1000 a month. I am looking for a credit card that will allow 0% spending on cash transfers if possible. IF I do get redundant then I plan to pay off the loan with it then reduce my monthly outgoings and pay off the card at a rate of approx 200 a month until it is cleared. Does anyone know which card would be best for this?

I hope I've explained it fully so you can all understand.
    Last edited by andru; 14-06-2017 at 3:11 PM. Reason: correcting wrong amount
Page 1
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 14th Jun 17, 2:55 PM
    • 2,170 Posts
    • 1,667 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 14th Jun 17, 2:55 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 2:55 PM
    Money transfer card is what you need:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/cut-loan-overdraft-costs
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • zx81
    • By zx81 14th Jun 17, 2:58 PM
    • 12,446 Posts
    • 12,621 Thanks
    zx81
    • 14th Jun 17, 2:58 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 2:58 PM
    I can over pay any amount and plan to pay off as much as 1 a month.
    Originally posted by andru
    Hopefully a little more than that...
    • andru
    • By andru 14th Jun 17, 3:12 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    andru
    • 14th Jun 17, 3:12 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 3:12 PM
    Sorry, that was a quick typo. At the moment I can afford to over pay up to a total of about 1000 a month.
    • andru
    • By andru 14th Jun 17, 3:27 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    andru
    • 14th Jun 17, 3:27 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 3:27 PM
    Thanks, I've just applied and been approved for a MBNA transfer card that will more than suit my needs if the news is bad in the coming weeks.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 14th Jun 17, 4:06 PM
    • 4,998 Posts
    • 4,737 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 14th Jun 17, 4:06 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 4:06 PM
    You'd presumably be entitled to some sort of redundancy pay if the worst came to the worst, which could come in handy to settle some/all debt?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,083Posts Today

8,066Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin