Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • browntoownn
    • By browntoownn 14th Jun 17, 2:52 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    browntoownn
    0 WOW
    Thailand travel money
    • 14th Jun 17, 2:52 PM
    0 WOW
    Thailand travel money 14th Jun 17 at 2:52 PM
    I am going to Thailand at the end of the month and was wondering what i should do for my for my travel money, I have seen these travel credit cards which seem to be the best value but I am unsure on how they work. Just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what to do.

Thanks
Page 1
    • blindman
    • By blindman 14th Jun 17, 3:13 PM
    • 4,961 Posts
    • 3,999 Thanks
    blindman
    • 14th Jun 17, 3:13 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 3:13 PM
    I am going to Thailand at the end of the month and was wondering what i should do for my for my travel money, I have seen these travel credit cards which seem to be the best value but I am unsure on how they work. Just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what to do.

Thanks
    Originally posted by browntoownn
    Have a read of this guide
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 15th Jun 17, 4:58 AM
    • 2,792 Posts
    • 1,212 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:58 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:58 AM
    Note that ATMs in Thailand charge £5 per withdrawal using a foreign card, so avoid frequent small withdrawals; in some banks you can take cash 'over the counter' on your credit card without fee.

For exchanging cash, rates are better in Thailand than in UK - but not the terrible airport rates from bank booths on arrival at BKK, go downstairs to the exchanges at the rail link terminal.
    • PompeyPete
    • By PompeyPete 15th Jun 17, 8:20 AM
    • 4,545 Posts
    • 5,891 Thanks
    PompeyPete
    • 15th Jun 17, 8:20 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 8:20 AM
    Agree with eDicky about changing £sterling at BKK on arrival.

There are quite a few kiosks on the Arrivals floor.....avoid the lot. Go down to the Basement Air Link level, and onto the concourse. There's a few kiosks there, have a look round, and you'll probably find that Super Rich offers the best rate.
    • WAYT
    • By WAYT 15th Jun 17, 1:53 PM
    • 697 Posts
    • 306 Thanks
    WAYT
    • 15th Jun 17, 1:53 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 1:53 PM
    Agree with eDicky about changing £sterling at BKK on arrival.

There are quite a few kiosks on the Arrivals floor.....avoid the lot. Go down to the Basement Air Link level, and onto the concourse. There's a few kiosks there, have a look round, and you'll probably find that Super Rich offers the best rate.
    Originally posted by PompeyPete
    There are two SuperRich at the Airport Link. One Green and one Orange. Green often slightly better.

https://www.superrichthailand.com/#!/en Green

http://www.superrich1965.com Orange
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,199Posts Today

6,122Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin