Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • seert
    • By seert 14th Jun 17, 2:16 PM
    • 153Posts
    • 11Thanks
    seert
    0 WOW
    staying in Liverpool
    • 14th Jun 17, 2:16 PM
    0 WOW
    staying in Liverpool 14th Jun 17 at 2:16 PM
    im hoping to take the young lad to a premier league match next year, around 24th February 2018
    Could someone please recommend places to stay, its for me the mrs and two children age under 11 for one night

i have tried to look online but the places i have seen are quoting over £200 for the one night, are there any good guest houses that would fit the bill

We are travelling from Northern Ireland

Thanks for your help
Page 1
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 14th Jun 17, 3:14 PM
    • 5,709 Posts
    • 5,321 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    • 14th Jun 17, 3:14 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 3:14 PM
    I can't comment on guest houses, but Travelodge's should be considerably cheaper than that - I've just looked and for a single room for two adults and two children for 24/2/18, some of the prices coming up are;

Liverpool Central £128 (handy for Lime Street Station)
    Liverpool Central Exchange Street £108
    Liverpool docks £98

and also

Wallasey New Brighton - £49
    (This is the other side of the Mersey but there are frequent trains to and from Liverpool. It also has the advantage of having parking available if you are coming by car)

I can't comment on which would be most convenient for Premier League football though, especially as you don't mention if you are red or blue...
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 14th Jun 17, 3:50 PM
    • 18,650 Posts
    • 15,552 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 14th Jun 17, 3:50 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 3:50 PM
    I can't comment on which would be most convenient for Premier League football though, especially as you don't mention if you are red or blue...
    Originally posted by p00hsticks
    On 24 Feb it's the reds at home.
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 14th Jun 17, 4:18 PM
    • 4,930 Posts
    • 3,574 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    • 14th Jun 17, 4:18 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 4:18 PM
    There are plenty of ones less than £200 on booking.com
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • seert
    • By seert 14th Jun 17, 6:58 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    seert
    • 14th Jun 17, 6:58 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 6:58 PM
    thank you to all who have helped me so far, i will post again when i have finally booked a place

i didnt mention which team was at home as i didnt want posters detracting from my query
    • greenface
    • By greenface 14th Jun 17, 8:39 PM
    • 4,584 Posts
    • 2,326 Thanks
    greenface
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:39 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:39 PM
    theyre only half a mile pert and I wouldn't stay near the grounds myself . not much there . look at new brighton good option and 20mins on train to Liverpool easy parking and good for young kids as you wont be interested in the bars and clubs . decent museums in town and the spaceport on the Wirral (new brighton) always busier on red weekends .

February

3: Tottenham Hotspur (h)

10: Southampton (a)

24: West Ham United (h)
    Last edited by greenface; 14-06-2017 at 8:54 PM.
    North Wales Holiday Home Owner
    • Bigmoney2
    • By Bigmoney2 15th Jun 17, 9:51 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 452 Thanks
    Bigmoney2
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:51 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:51 PM
    I believe it can be difficult to get a room in Liverpool when there are home matches on. New Brighton is a good suggestion, there is a Travelodge and frequent trains, or Southport and Chester a bit further out, but accessible by train,
    • Ilona
    • By Ilona 16th Jun 17, 9:35 AM
    • 1,941 Posts
    • 6,573 Thanks
    Ilona
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:35 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:35 AM
    I've just checked on the YHA site
    http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/liverpool

There is a four bed private room, one double bed plus two singles, en suite, for £139 for the date you require.

YHA do a great breakfast, evening meal if you want to. You can self cater kitchen available with all equipment, or places nearby to eat out. Hostel is central, I've stayed there, it's very friendly.

Ilona
    I love skip diving
    • seert
    • By seert 16th Jun 17, 12:34 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    seert
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:34 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:34 PM
    thanks to everyone who helped

i couldnt get in the New Brighton hotel but went for travelodge in St Helens at a cost of £35, the train or bus service into Liverpool is excellent and the cost is good as well, the other hotels in city centre were asking an arm and a leg
    • greenface
    • By greenface 16th Jun 17, 11:06 PM
    • 4,584 Posts
    • 2,326 Thanks
    greenface
    St helens is a fair way out from town but enjoy . could have looked at the Birkenhead one also . closer to Liverpool but a bit rough around there ( I'm from Birkenhead ) so I'm talking not knocking
    North Wales Holiday Home Owner
    • Winifred
    • By Winifred 18th Jun 17, 7:30 AM
    • 137 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Winifred
    Are you sure that matches won't be changed for TV schedules?
    • seert
    • By seert 21st Jun 17, 9:14 AM
    • 153 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    seert
    not sure about that, yes it could change and that sadly is a risk we have to take. Living so far away as we do you need to try and book everything as soon as possible otherwise there is no rooms or transport left or the cost is so high it is just not feasible
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,603Posts Today

9,975Users online

Martin's Twitter