Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ScaredWitless
    • By ScaredWitless 14th Jun 17, 1:57 PM
    • 91Posts
    • 6Thanks
    ScaredWitless
    Drydensfairfax Solicitors Unfair Default
    • 14th Jun 17, 1:57 PM
    Drydensfairfax Solicitors Unfair Default 14th Jun 17 at 1:57 PM
    Can anyone help.

I am having problems with Max Recovery Limited and need some advice.

According to recent correspondence, Max Recovery are saying that "the date of this agreement/the first movement on this account was 08/12/2011".

This date, I believe is incorrect.

The account, on that date, was still with MBNA.

Secondly, as far as I am aware of, I have not signed any agreement with Max Recovery Limited.

The other issue is that Max Recovery Limited are claiming that the original credit agreement with MBNA has now been officially terminated.

I have not received anything under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 advising me of this termination.

The other thing that is worrying me is that Max Recovery are still refering to the credit account number to which the terminated agreement refers to.

The other ongoing issue is that Max Recovery Limited have instructed Drydensfairfax Solicitors to recover the outstanding debt.

I have been in written correspondence with Drydens going back over a year ago.

They have sent me a copy of the old MBNA agreement which I believe is no longer valid as it has been "terminated".

They have ignored my request for a copy of the deed of assignment or notice of assignment.

When my credit report was updated on the 30th March 2017, Drydens slapped a default on my credit file.

I have not been sent a default notice under section 87(1) of the consumer credit act and no warning letter that this would be happening.

Max Recovery Limited are the owners of this debt and data controller.

I have received no valid documentation of this debt apart from a a copy of a credit agreement which has now been terminated.

The default has affected my credit rating.

Can anyone please advise me.
Page 1
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 14th Jun 17, 2:06 PM
    • 2,243 Posts
    • 1,700 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 14th Jun 17, 2:06 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 2:06 PM
    No need to start a new thread, you still haven't answered the questions posed to you in your old thread:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72674809#post72674809
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

173Posts Today

2,110Users online

Martin's Twitter