Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 14th Jun 17, 1:56 PM
    • 1,141Posts
    • 2,807Thanks
    Oakdene
    Dwr Cymru/Welsh Water
    • 14th Jun 17, 1:56 PM
    Dwr Cymru/Welsh Water 14th Jun 17 at 1:56 PM
    I am on a water meter at my house, in which me & my daughter live we do not use water excessively & have the tap off when we brush our teeth. I popped a BluLoo into my toilet & it ran out in 3 days (as in the water wasn't blue anymore). I had a plumber who said basically there was a tiny, but constant, flow of water from the cistern into the bowl which he fixed.

I received my estimated bill which was £140 ish so I called up with an actual reading. They recalulated my bill & it came to £263.35 for 6 months usage

I remarked that this was high & explained there was only 2 of us in the home (& my daughter is away every other weekend). I did mention we had the toilet repaired & they said they would refer it to thier manager to see if an allowance could be put on the account.

Just had a call to say that they are pleased to inform me that they have granted an allowance on the account & my new bill for the 6 month period is £114.37

Diolch Dwr Cymru
    Last edited by Oakdene; 14-06-2017 at 4:09 PM.
Page 1
    • Tahlullah
    • By Tahlullah 18th Jun 17, 6:22 PM
    • 748 Posts
    • 4,540 Thanks
    Tahlullah
    • 18th Jun 17, 6:22 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 6:22 PM
    Excellent not for profit service.

I am forever astounded how cheap my water bill is compared to my other bill in Yorkshire.
    Striving to be mortgage free.
    • daveyjp
    • By daveyjp 18th Jun 17, 7:16 PM
    • 6,934 Posts
    • 5,301 Thanks
    daveyjp
    • 18th Jun 17, 7:16 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 7:16 PM
    Yorkshire Water rang my parents as they noticed high useage. Sure enough a slight toilet leak just like the OP. No charge for the extra used.

A few years ago a housing association found the majority of homes which showed increased water useage had poorly fitting centre flush toilet mechanisms.
    • daytona0
    • By daytona0 18th Jun 17, 7:18 PM
    • 2,237 Posts
    • 2,654 Thanks
    daytona0
    • 18th Jun 17, 7:18 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 7:18 PM
    Pam nad oedd gadw gyda dim ond un iaith yn eich llinyn? Byddai wedi gwneud mwy o synnwyr. Beth bynnag, mae'r da yn arwain.

EDIT: oh dear, never trust a translation tool....
    • Lord Baltimore
    • By Lord Baltimore 19th Jun 17, 1:41 AM
    • 1,295 Posts
    • 1,277 Thanks
    Lord Baltimore
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:41 AM
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:41 AM
    Pam nad oedd gadw gyda dim ond un iaith yn eich llinyn? Byddai wedi gwneud mwy o synnwyr. Beth bynnag, mae'r da yn arwain.

EDIT: oh dear, never trust a translation tool....
    Originally posted by daytona0
    Don twor rybe hap us
    all your base are belong to us
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

455Posts Today

4,580Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin