Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Daniel2017
    • By Daniel2017 14th Jun 17, 1:23 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Daniel2017
    Bt treat me like scum
    • 14th Jun 17, 1:23 PM
    Bt treat me like scum 14th Jun 17 at 1:23 PM
    I have had a few issues with bt and a lot of them have been there since day one. They contacted me today as I emailed the ceo again because I feel like they are brushing it under the carpet blaming needed for errors even errors that have been there since day one telling me there closing the complaint leaving all the errors and to goto the ombudsman. Well stress makes my ms symptoms worse and this has happened today. I hope bt are happy with themselves.
Page 1
    • Daniel2017
    • By Daniel2017 14th Jun 17, 1:24 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Daniel2017
    • 14th Jun 17, 1:24 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 1:24 PM
    That should say blaming me
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 14th Jun 17, 1:59 PM
    • 2,705 Posts
    • 1,865 Thanks
    lee111s
    • 14th Jun 17, 1:59 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 1:59 PM
    What are these errors you speak of?
    • Daniel2017
    • By Daniel2017 14th Jun 17, 2:05 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Daniel2017
    • 14th Jun 17, 2:05 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 2:05 PM
    All sorts the range from bt smart talk not working to errors on bt.com also package change orders either getting stuck in the system or saying that they have completed but nothing has changed so the orders have had to be replaced.

I have been told by a number of staff it's a data integrity issue. When I take it up with elc they said it's my fault because of all the orders however what do they expect a customer or customer service to do if the first order hasn't worked.

Sometimes it takes six to ten attempts to get a order to go through the old age pensioner computer.

Nothing ever gets sorted and they have passed the blame on to me even though a majority of these issues have been there since August 2016 when I signed up so I can not understand how this is my fault. Really bad service from bt.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 14th Jun 17, 2:15 PM
    • 9,370 Posts
    • 3,825 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 14th Jun 17, 2:15 PM
    Faults can be within the users premises and often are .The CEO has been involved and the conclusion is that they are closing your complaint .It does suggest that your complaints have been looked into more than you may think .
    Your reply to the question what faults or errors have given us no idea at all as to where the fault may be .
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 14th Jun 17, 2:15 PM
    • 834 Posts
    • 1,751 Thanks
    IAmWales
    Which issues are outstanding now?
    • Daniel2017
    • By Daniel2017 14th Jun 17, 3:15 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Daniel2017
    • 14th Jun 17, 3:15 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 3:15 PM
    Every single one except one. They have not looked at the issues the issues because I can't be responsible for there system issues. The faults are caused by a account related issue not here. The guy in elc was very rude and talked down to me.
    • Daniel2017
    • By Daniel2017 14th Jun 17, 3:18 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Daniel2017
    • 14th Jun 17, 3:18 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 3:18 PM
    Account related nothing in my home I know that for a fact. I had these issues even in my old address and they followed me when I moved home and took the services with me. I wish I left it in my old address and ripped them off. Bt are to blame here not me.
    • Daniel2017
    • By Daniel2017 14th Jun 17, 3:19 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Daniel2017
    • 14th Jun 17, 3:19 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 3:19 PM
    I even had a engineer who was meant to be installing ultra HD go to the wrong address. It's utter junk
    • zx81
    • By zx81 14th Jun 17, 3:20 PM
    • 12,054 Posts
    • 12,206 Thanks
    zx81
    Is it just me who can't make head nor tail of what is going on here?
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 14th Jun 17, 3:24 PM
    • 834 Posts
    • 1,751 Thanks
    IAmWales
    Is it just me who can't make head nor tail of what is going on here?
    Originally posted by zx81
    My thoughts too, and if we're lost I guess BT will be too.

Is there somebody that can communicate on your behalf Daniel?
    • Daniel2017
    • By Daniel2017 14th Jun 17, 3:32 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Daniel2017
    Literally a lot if stuff are not working correctly because of a data integrity issues on the account. Everytime I do anything on the account I have to place multiple orders or wait for the offline team to sort it. I got sick of things not working correctly and went to the ceo. The guy in the ceos office was extremely rude. Treated me like scum and blamed me for all the issues but I am not to blame when many have happened since day one of unfortunately been a customer. Mikey mouse can run a company better.

I made my points clear and told them exactly what I expected and they basically didn't do what I asked and brushed it under the carpet. If they have looked into it they haven't looked hard enough and not went far enough back.

I have a appointment with a solicitor tomorrow.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 14th Jun 17, 4:00 PM
    • 757 Posts
    • 332 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Literally a lot if stuff are not working correctly because of a data integrity issues on the account. Everytime I do anything on the account I have to place multiple orders or wait for the offline team to sort it. I got sick of things not working correctly and went to the ceo. The guy in the ceos office was extremely rude. Treated me like scum and blamed me for all the issues but I am not to blame when many have happened since day one of unfortunately been a customer. Mikey mouse can run a company better.

I made my points clear and told them exactly what I expected and they basically didn't do what I asked and brushed it under the carpet. If they have looked into it they haven't looked hard enough and not went far enough back.

I have a appointment with a solicitor tomorrow.
    Originally posted by Daniel2017
    That sounds very unwise to me. You claimed (or seemed to) earlier on, that the problem was caused by your computer so you just kept on putting in orders. That is probably the cause of all your troubles, I'd wait for their technical people to sort it.
    • Daniel2017
    • By Daniel2017 14th Jun 17, 4:07 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Daniel2017
    Not my computer there's its a issue on there system. They have refused to sort it and elc brushed it under the carpet. I specifically asked them to open a brand new account if they can't fix it. They refused and decided to leave all problems as they are and blamed me. Everytime I order something always goes wrong so orders had to be done again. This even happened when I phoned up to do a order but they blame me. There wrong.
    • Daniel2017
    • By Daniel2017 14th Jun 17, 4:20 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Daniel2017
    I have left a trust pilot review. I wish I read this before signing up. Lots of negative reviews on there. Obviously they have one more.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 14th Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    • 9,370 Posts
    • 3,825 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Still no clear and concise answer from the OP re problems just more of a rant .

If they where going to install UHD TV then your service re broadband would have been tested first before the order is accepted .

When you do see your legal expert then before the visit write down the bullet points of your problem .
    • littleboo
    • By littleboo 14th Jun 17, 6:03 PM
    • 516 Posts
    • 229 Thanks
    littleboo
    As mentioned by others, its very hard to understand your issues. As a starter for 10, can you answer the following ?

What services (line rental/broadband/TV etc) do you currently have from BT and do they work ?
    Are you being billed the correct amount for above services ?
    Are you trying to add/remove/change a service and if so what, and is there a problem with that change ?
    What do you expect a solicitor to do ? (apart from take your money)
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 14th Jun 17, 6:14 PM
    • 31,231 Posts
    • 36,925 Thanks
    Browntoa
    I'm sort of reading this as

A data corruption in BTs data

Or

A corruption on their account

Which leads to failed orders and/or other people's orders being raised on their account

But I may be wrong as it's hard to follow

please list your problems in a line by line basis like bullet points
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • gycraig
    • By gycraig 14th Jun 17, 6:41 PM
    • 329 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    gycraig
    Why don't you just find another provider ?
    • Daniel2017
    • By Daniel2017 14th Jun 17, 7:31 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Daniel2017
    I am considering my options but someone from bt has been in contact and is looking into if he can do anything. I said I was going to give him three weeks and went though all the issues. The second last post says what I was trying to get out so thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,840Posts Today

8,914Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • You're right, of course. How silly of me. After all, all my work is solely focused on my own personal circumstance? https://t.co/m6DHzFUjzg

• RT @ARJMOR: @MartinSLewis It may well be kind of random, but the algorithm used has a bias to the unpopular seats.

• It seems what Ryanair is saying is "don't pay and we leave you the seats we don't think people want and they're in the middle."

• Follow Martin