Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • michelle99
    • By michelle99 14th Jun 17, 12:40 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    michelle99
    Will I lose Some or All of My Tax Credits
    • 14th Jun 17, 12:40 PM
    Will I lose Some or All of My Tax Credits 14th Jun 17 at 12:40 PM
    I am first time poster so I am sorry if I am posting in the wrong place.

My husband earns around £30,000 a year and I am currently not working. We have one child 7, one child 4 and one child 2, so we get around £70 a week in Tax Credits.

I have been offered a job which is 11 hours per week and around £280 per month.

Before I take the job I need to know if I will lose any or all of the £70 per week Tax credits and I can't seem to find an answer from the .gov websites. I have also tried asking the question directly and it seems to be a secret as the Tax Credit people wont or can't answer the question either.

Basically, I don't want to find I am earning £70 per week but then having £70 taken off me, or even worse, end up paying it back next year!

Please help .

Thanks
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 14th Jun 17, 1:15 PM
    • 1,361 Posts
    • 1,204 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 14th Jun 17, 1:15 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 1:15 PM
    I am first time poster so I am sorry if I am posting in the wrong place.

My husband earns around £30,000 a year and I am currently not working. We have one child 7, one child 4 and one child 2, so we get around £70 a week in Tax Credits.

I have been offered a job which is 11 hours per week and around £280 per month.

Before I take the job I need to know if I will lose any or all of the £70 per week Tax credits and I can't seem to find an answer from the .gov websites. I have also tried asking the question directly and it seems to be a secret as the Tax Credit people wont or can't answer the question either.

Basically, I don't want to find I am earning £70 per week but then having £70 taken off me, or even worse, end up paying it back next year!

Please help .

Thanks
    Originally posted by michelle99
    Try putting your details in here. This will give you some idea https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 14th Jun 17, 1:55 PM
    • 4,541 Posts
    • 2,856 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 14th Jun 17, 1:55 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 1:55 PM
    Are you under 25? 11hrs per week for £280 per month would be £5.87 per hour. NMW is £7.50 if over 25 (£7.05 if 21-24).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,154Posts Today

8,347Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iamemmahill: After watching @MartinSLewis I rang my provider & asked them to recalculate my bill &it has gone from £81 to £51 a month.S?

• Seriously? How is this supporting Uber... IT'S A POLL! I do em ever day on topical subjects. And I've never promote? https://t.co/JrlxaoNLlY

• RT @Mum2DDSophie: @MartinSLewis Thanks for your advice! I have easily switched from Extra Energy standard tariff to another supplier and wi?

• Follow Martin