Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dieselv2
    • By dieselv2 14th Jun 17, 11:31 AM
    • 157Posts
    • 92Thanks
    dieselv2
    Post Office Credit Card - Full & Final
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:31 AM
    Post Office Credit Card - Full & Final 14th Jun 17 at 11:31 AM
    I have a credit card with Post Office which defaulted but this has not been passed to a DCA. Will the post office accept a F&F or is this just when a debt has been passed to a DCA?
    Start of 2017 Debt: £15,889 | 31st Jan 2017 Debt: £13,400 | 16% Repaid
Page 1
  • National Debtline
    • 14th Jun 17, 12:04 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 12:04 PM
    Hi dieselv2,

You can make a proposal of full and final to the post office directly, but it will be at their discretion whether or not to accept so I am afraid there are no guarantees.

Remember the golden rules of full and final, which are, not to send any money until the terms have been agreed in writing, treat all creditors fairly and make sure you keep a copy of the letter of acceptance regarding the settlement for approximately 6 years.

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 14th Jun 17, 12:37 PM
    • 10,951 Posts
    • 8,158 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 14th Jun 17, 12:37 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 12:37 PM
    You'll need to contact the Bank of Ireland as they administer PO cards (think they still do)

I have had a F&F for a client from them a couple of years ago and found them pretty good to deal with (compared to other banks)

Good luck.
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 14th Jun 17, 12:38 PM
    • 4,394 Posts
    • 3,241 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 14th Jun 17, 12:38 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 12:38 PM
    Post office took £500 on a 3000 debt as full and final, it was with a DCA, who were managing it on their behalf, also marked it settled on my credit file, not partial
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,019Posts Today

8,295Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin