Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mummytonoah15
    • By Mummytonoah15 14th Jun 17, 10:49 AM
    • 22Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Mummytonoah15
    Tax credit's
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:49 AM
    Tax credit's 14th Jun 17 at 10:49 AM
    Hi my tax credits were stopped the middle of march due to them believing I was living with a partner, I sent in tenancy agreement and council letter which shows I live with my mum sister and son I also sent in a bank statement with my ex's address on it anyway it was sent for mandatory reconsideration and there wasn't enough evidence sent in so its now gone to tribunal which can take months I've got no money and I've got a 2 year old to pay for, I was told that whilst waiting for my tribunal I could put in for a new claim?
Page 1
    • Icequeen99
    • By Icequeen99 14th Jun 17, 11:11 AM
    • 3,305 Posts
    • 2,263 Thanks
    Icequeen99
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:11 AM
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:11 AM
    It is possible that you will have any new claim stopped.

Do you know what evidence they have linking a partner to your house?

Who else is on your tenancy agreement?

If you have sent evidence of your ex partner's address and have provided letters to show your Mum and Sister are living with you I am surprised you haven't had the claim reinstated at the MR stage.

You might try contacting one of the tax charities or CAB - www.litrg.org.uk or www.citizensadvice.org.uk

IQ
    • Mummytonoah15
    • By Mummytonoah15 14th Jun 17, 11:31 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Mummytonoah15
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:31 AM
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:31 AM
    I don't know what evidence they have and on the tenancy agreement it is me, my mum and my sister so I don't understand I can't live like this I can't pay for my son it's horrible
    • Icequeen99
    • By Icequeen99 14th Jun 17, 11:45 AM
    • 3,305 Posts
    • 2,263 Thanks
    Icequeen99
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:45 AM
    • 14th Jun 17, 11:45 AM
    You could try and make a new claim, but as I say they could block it.

It sounds like your evidence is fairly strong so I would suggest you contact one of the organisations in my post above and see if they can provide any help.

IQ
    • Mummytonoah15
    • By Mummytonoah15 14th Jun 17, 12:01 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Mummytonoah15
    • 14th Jun 17, 12:01 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 12:01 PM
    I've just spoken to someone on their online chat they said I can start up a new claim but it may take longer due to the situation but she said it may help if I sent a cover letter explaining everything so hopefully I can
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,765Posts Today

8,594Users online

Martin's Twitter