Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Counciltenant
    • By Counciltenant 14th Jun 17, 10:04 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Counciltenant
    New Customer Deals
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:04 AM
    New Customer Deals 14th Jun 17 at 10:04 AM
    Hi, I need some help please. I'm due to be housed by council soon after leaving my husband due to domestic abuse. I've never had to apply for utilities before. I've searched the site for information but I can only find information about switching to a new provider, not about finding the best deal for a new customer. Can you help me with this please? I don't want to get locked into something I cannot afford.
Page 1
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 14th Jun 17, 10:55 AM
    • 687 Posts
    • 558 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:55 AM
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:55 AM
    @Counciltenant - this is good place to start https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/moving-home-your-energy-supply/moving-home-dealing-with-your-energy-supply/
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 14th Jun 17, 12:32 PM
    • 3,549 Posts
    • 1,414 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 14th Jun 17, 12:32 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 12:32 PM
    Hi, I need some help please. I'm due to be housed by council soon after leaving my husband due to domestic abuse. I've never had to apply for utilities before. I've searched the site for information but I can only find information about switching to a new provider, not about finding the best deal for a new customer. Can you help me with this please? I don't want to get locked into something I cannot afford.
    Originally posted by Counciltenant
    You need to first register as a customer of the existing supplier(s) on the day your tenancy starts... then you can switch

You may find you are lumbered with PPMs, which means your choices will be limited, and with control measures/price caps now in place, you may find all offers are much of a muchness.
    Last edited by footyguy; 14-06-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,666Posts Today

8,562Users online

Martin's Twitter