Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Ctagg
    • By Ctagg 14th Jun 17, 7:41 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Advice for single father
    • #1
    • 14th Jun 17, 7:41 AM
    Advice for single father 14th Jun 17 at 7:41 AM
    Hi i split with my ex around five years ago we have two children and my son moved in with me so we each had full time care of a child each.
    A little later i found out my ex had approached the csa demanding money (strange i know) so i called the csa an explained about me having my son full time etc their repy was i would need to open my own case aswell (nuts i know)
    Long story short my ex had become self employed and used it to claim she earned £100 per week full time.
    So to this day iv recieved nothing had a liabilty order taken out nothing came of it csa have now written saying she owes £3600 in arrears but i have to continue paying her the £140 a month child maintance i am responsible for surely i can stop paying until her arrears are paid off?
    Please help
Page 1
    • DUTR
    • By DUTR 14th Jun 17, 10:44 AM
    • 10,830 Posts
    • 6,135 Thanks
    • #2
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:44 AM
    • #2
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:44 AM
    You send in a change of circumstance, to get your liability ameneded, I trust you now get the CB for the child?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,019Posts Today

8,295Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

  • WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See RT

  • RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

  • Follow Martin