Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 14th Jun 17, 5:03 AM
    • 57Posts
    • 29Thanks
    Kshah786
    Got another parking ticket..3rd time unlucky maybe
    • 14th Jun 17, 5:03 AM
    Got another parking ticket..3rd time unlucky maybe 14th Jun 17 at 5:03 AM
    hi all. as the title says, I have got another parking ticket. This time was at the Hospital with my wife. There was no parking spaces for me to park at the hospital and I was in a rush to park. however there was a side street behind the hospital where I noticed a few cars were parked. so I though ooh these guys must know a secret parking spot. at this point I must say that there were double red markings on the floor,(very faint but could see them). the area was very secluded, it was no ambulance way etc, just a quiet little area with a few vans parked there. so I proceeded to park there and on my return there was a ticket on my windscreen. sooo, the question is have I a leg to stand on as I was parked on double reds even though it was not in a dangerous/busy area. I have won previously with popla but this time its parked on double reds. what can I do...

ON THE PLUS SIDE MY WIFE GAVE BIRTH TO A BABY BOY WEIGHING IN AT 7.8lbs. WHOOP WHOOP.... However in this case a PLUS and MINUS still make a MINUS ey. Damn you CPP (this is the name of the PPC btw)
Page 1
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 14th Jun 17, 8:33 AM
    • 2,585 Posts
    • 3,848 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:33 AM
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:33 AM
    On a real highway double red lines mean absolutely don't even think of parking they are more restrictive than yellows, but if this is private land they are just pretty paint, and must be covered by signage.

You do however seem to have a very lackadaisical approach to parking your car!

Hi all at MSE.
    I have just got back from tesco's coventry. I have been given a parking charge for parking on cross hatchings..i was not there for long.
    Originally posted by Kshah786
    Hi all. I have managed to gets another parking ticket at Lidl. I have used this forum before and won my appeal with Popla. However in this case the ppc is athena anpr which is not BPA but IPC. I overstayed by 2 hours.(lomg story) am i right to ignore this parking ticket
    You are now going to have to go through the process all over again, maybe start this one with a chat with PALS at the hospital.

Oh and congratulations with the little one!
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Jun 17, 10:35 AM
    • 2,159 Posts
    • 2,579 Thanks
    waamo
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:35 AM
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:35 AM
    Congratulations. Yes you have a leg to stand on. The thread titled Newbies at the top of this forum contains all the information you need to see this ticket off.

There are a few CPPs which one is this?
    This space for hire.
    • Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 18th Jul 17, 6:41 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Kshah786
    • 18th Jul 17, 6:41 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 6:41 AM
    Apologies for the late reply. Have been busy with baby.

hi, yes I know. I do seem to have a habit now, I guess its got to do with realising these PPCs are all fraudsters. Moving on I have received my NTK. I do know that the hospital is private land so the RED painted lines on the floor don't mean anything. how shall I put this to the PPC. or shall I first send the basic appeal process on this forum and wait for POPLA code right?
    • Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 18th Jul 17, 6:42 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Kshah786
    • 18th Jul 17, 6:42 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 6:42 AM
    Hi, unfortunately I don't have any pals at the hospital who can help me out.
    • Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 18th Jul 17, 6:43 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Kshah786
    • 18th Jul 17, 6:43 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 6:43 AM
    there was signage but the usual very small metal sign boards etc
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Jul 17, 7:19 AM
    • 15,945 Posts
    • 24,738 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 18th Jul 17, 7:19 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 7:19 AM
    PALS, Patient Advice and Liaison Service! Get in touch with them, not your personal 'pals'.

shall I first send the basic appeal process on this forum and wait for POPLA code right?
    Use the appropriate one from post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky. Fisherjim asked you which parking company, but you've failed to provide an answer. Which PPC it is will determine which appeal template you use, and whether you have access to POPLA.

hi, yes I know. I do seem to have a habit now, I guess its got to do with realising these PPCs are all fraudsters.
    I think I'd be working on the basis of some of them being highly litigious and adopt future parking decisions based on that!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 18th Jul 17, 8:16 AM
    • 2,585 Posts
    • 3,848 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:16 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:16 AM
    As Umkomaas said you treat this like any other private parking ticket based on who the PPC is, you have not told us.

The red lines are immaterial to the way you handle it.

As said before you need to get a grip on your silly devil-may care attitude to parking or you will come unstuck!
    • Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 18th Jul 17, 9:46 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Kshah786
    • 18th Jul 17, 9:46 AM
    • 18th Jul 17, 9:46 AM
    thanks for you help guys. The PPC is CPP which is BPA associated. I will get the full details when I go home. at work atm. Yes I do need to change my ways. But at the time I was more focused on my wife and baby. I shall be in touch asap. thanks again
    • waamo
    • By waamo 18th Jul 17, 9:48 AM
    • 2,159 Posts
    • 2,579 Thanks
    waamo
    There are a couple of CPP's. Which one is it?
    This space for hire.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 18th Jul 17, 10:06 AM
    • 2,585 Posts
    • 3,848 Thanks
    fisherjim
    So is it these?

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203732991-CP-Plus-Ltd
    • waamo
    • By waamo 18th Jul 17, 10:13 AM
    • 2,159 Posts
    • 2,579 Thanks
    waamo
    The other one is these https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203667691-Liberty-Printers-AR-RF-Reddin-Ltd-T-A-Liberty-Services-and-The-Car-Parking-Partnership

Neither of them currently does court. In saying that the second one has been bought by Parking Eye so that may well change.
    This space for hire.
    • Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 18th Jul 17, 12:05 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Kshah786
    Hi waamo. I can confirm that it is the second one.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Jul 17, 9:50 PM
    • 51,818 Posts
    • 65,448 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    What happened when you contacted PALS to complain?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Jul 17, 10:41 PM
    • 15,945 Posts
    • 24,738 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    What happened when you contacted PALS to complain?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    He took the advice too literally!

Doh:

We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 19th Jul 17, 9:45 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Kshah786
    Hello coupon.mad. I rang them and the woman over the phone said basically I shouldn't have parked on double lines and as its a private road and as they are not in charge of it I will have to speak to the parking ticket company. she also told me to pay it asap as I don't want to risk my driving license and the regulations regarding parking tickets LOL. She didn't have a Scooby Doo. Basically said to pay up to avoid costs going up. LOL.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 19th Jul 17, 10:58 AM
    • 2,585 Posts
    • 3,848 Thanks
    fisherjim
    ...she also told me to pay it asap as I don't want to risk my driving license and the regulations regarding parking tickets.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 19th Jul 17, 11:06 AM
    • 7,755 Posts
    • 8,021 Thanks
    pappa golf
    as they are not in charge of it

who the hell is then?
    • Kshah786
    • By Kshah786 19th Jul 17, 1:16 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Kshah786
    The land is owned by the hospital, but I think she meant that they aren't dealing with the PCNs. She said the PPC company is in charge of it.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Jul 17, 2:17 PM
    • 15,945 Posts
    • 24,738 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Hello coupon.mad. I rang them and the woman over the phone said basically I shouldn't have parked on double lines and as its a private road and as they are not in charge of it I will have to speak to the parking ticket company. she also told me to pay it asap as I don't want to risk my driving license and the regulations regarding parking tickets LOL. She didn't have a Scooby Doo. Basically said to pay up to avoid costs going up. LOL.
    You should be doing this in writing. Far less easy to fob you off with lines designed to get you off the phone line.

Try writing to them - I bet their tune changes considerably. Risk your driving licence, my backside.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

360Posts Today

2,963Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin