Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mariahussain
    • By mariahussain 13th Jun 17, 11:38 PM
    • 52Posts
    • 2Thanks
    mariahussain
    0 WOW
    Car rental company wants car back!
    • 13th Jun 17, 11:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Car rental company wants car back! 13th Jun 17 at 11:38 PM
    Hi please can you advise where I stand with this. I have booked a car rental for 2 weeks, picked up the car on Saturday and the company have just rang today saying they want the car back as it's booked into go into a garage this week.
    I am bit annoyed as I picked the car up from a different city and I am not close by where I can just drop it off. It's over 2 hours away and to be honest i would be going out of my way and I could really do without this hassle. It seems a bit unprofessional and surely they should have checked this out before giving the car to me.
    Would appreciate any views on this? Thanks
Page 1
    • jpowell123
    • By jpowell123 13th Jun 17, 11:54 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    jpowell123
    • 13th Jun 17, 11:54 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 11:54 PM
    I would say call them and arrange for them to tow you a replacement car and then tow away the one they need. To compensate, they should give you a better car than the one you got from them. I had a similar situation with a company called Zipcar in the USA and they completely screwed me over. Be firm in asking and be demanding about it since this is definitely not fair to you at all.
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 14th Jun 17, 1:05 AM
    • 2,689 Posts
    • 1,158 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 14th Jun 17, 1:05 AM
    • 14th Jun 17, 1:05 AM
    Tell them they can bring you a replacement car of the same or better category to a place and time of your own convenience, and take away the one you have. Ignore any further request for you to take it to them unless they can quote the relevant clause in your hire contract.
    • antenna
    • By antenna 14th Jun 17, 9:46 AM
    • 1,609 Posts
    • 959 Thanks
    antenna
    • 14th Jun 17, 9:46 AM
    • 14th Jun 17, 9:46 AM
    No need to tow a replacement is there.
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
    • mariahussain
    • By mariahussain 14th Jun 17, 10:29 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    mariahussain
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:29 AM
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:29 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I thought it seemed unprofessional. Will give them a call and let you know how I get on.
    • photome
    • By photome 15th Jun 17, 9:00 PM
    • 12,599 Posts
    • 8,078 Thanks
    photome
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:00 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:00 PM
    How did you get on
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

98Posts Today

1,795Users online

Martin's Twitter