Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Adrian1999
    • By Adrian1999 13th Jun 17, 10:43 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Adrian1999
    Dealing with Total Parking Solutions (I'm a 99%)
    • 13th Jun 17, 10:43 PM
    Dealing with Total Parking Solutions (I'm a 99%) 13th Jun 17 at 10:43 PM
    Hi new your both MSE & this forum area, hoping to get some advice to deal with Total Parking Solutions (TPS), the car park which uses ANPR, and the received a NTK PCN. I have read through Coupon-mad & crabman, encouraging me to perform some of my own research, and write up a draft letter.

Some context; I overstayed in a short stay hospital car park (3.5 hours) designated for employees of the health board, of which I am. As a result of being unable to leave half way through performing a analytical analysis on biological samples of patients of the said HB, at the time of the incident.

The received PCN states my name, address, images of my entry and exit, charge now payable of £20, the issue date of notice was 08/06/2017, however the letter was only received today (13/06/17) (how does this affect my appeal period?). Also, the letter has no name of warden or warden signature, is this signifcant too?

From my understanding TPS is a member of BPA, so can retrieve information re myself. However, not a member of IPC, what are the implications here in terms of enforcement?

I have began a draft letter, hope I could get some feedback? (Not finished)

To whom it may concern,
    Re: Total Parking Solutions (TPS) Parking Charge Notice, verification code --------------

I am the registered keeper and I wish to appeal a recent parking charge from Total Parking Solutions. I am a genuine employee of the contracting authority or client (Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board (ABMU)) to your enforcement of the short stay parking area.

The delay of leaving the car park by 15 minutes over the designated 3.5 hours (3 hours 30 minutes), was a result of carrying out an analytical assay upon biological samples, which cannot be halted during preparation, or passed along due the professional nature to the duty of Care. Biological samples of patients in care of the ABMU health board, your contracting client, at the time of the incident. Thus, in the best interest of the A board and myself, and at the time of the event, seen to carry on to the completion of the biochemical pro

As the Parking Charge Notice (PCN) identifies that the parking was overstayed by 15 minutes, this further identifies that no ‘grace period’ was allowed. Of which it did, my overstay period would of consisted of only 5 minutes.

Reflective of both the PCN stated overstay time, and the potential time if a ‘grace period’ is enforced. The charge does not reflect an appropriate or genuine pre-estimate loss towards the respected time. As parking is granted free, failing to quantify any loss.

Failure to respond appropriately, to confirm cancellation of PCN, or to provide in response with a POPLA verification code shall be reported as a breach of BPA Code of Practice.

Yours faithfully,

Registered keeper

Many thanks for any responses!

p.s. what is a small claim? - is this where they take you to not 'proper' court?
    Last edited by Adrian1999; 13-06-2017 at 11:04 PM. Reason: grammar & details
Page 2
    • Adrian1999
    • By Adrian1999 15th Jun 17, 7:32 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Adrian1999
    and yes, put your appeal in too

Last time I ask this, I promise! With the context of the situation now, I still put in the appeal template highlighted in blue by coupon-mad, completely unedited?

thank you!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jun 17, 8:02 PM
    • 16,480 Posts
    • 20,634 Thanks
    Redx
    Last time I ask this, I promise! With the context of the situation now, I still put in the appeal template highlighted in blue by coupon-mad, completely unedited?

thank you!
    Originally posted by Adrian1999
    yes, it covers all the bases and is for all BPA members and is why it is there in the first place

there is no need to ask, you just do it, regardless
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Adrian1999
    • By Adrian1999 16th Jun 17, 12:05 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Adrian1999
    I am just worried that this will spiral out of control, and require further monies that I do not have. As I am in the wrong in terms of breaching the purpose provided by the space for the hospital, but I was unable to respond at the time to move my car.

Morale dilemmas.
    Last edited by Adrian1999; 16-06-2017 at 12:14 AM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jun 17, 12:14 AM
    • 51,427 Posts
    • 65,027 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I am just worried that this will spiral out of control, and require further monies that I do not have.
    Originally posted by Adrian1999
    And where do you see that happen? If a person lose a PCN defence in small claims, typically a Judge tells them to pay the (typically £100) PCN and fifty quid court fees. Less than the stupid letters demand along the way!

If the PCN is only £20 in your case, then it would be that sum, plus court fees, if you lost.

...and we really don't see people lose. Can't recall one losing at all, not when following all advice here.

You do realise these are not parking fines and there are no 'wardens'?

Even so, you may decide to pay £20, your choice. But if so, please see this for the con it is!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 16-06-2017 at 12:18 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Adrian1999
    • By Adrian1999 16th Jun 17, 12:37 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Adrian1999
    Right okay. With that said, I am assuming the PCN will have no consideration/care about what is said in a written explanation that I could provide. A action recommended by my HB.
    Last edited by Adrian1999; 16-06-2017 at 8:57 AM. Reason: grammar
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jun 17, 12:46 AM
    • 51,427 Posts
    • 65,027 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    If TPS are still in the BPA then you will win at POPLA by appealing as the keeper.

TPS do not have the required POFA wording on their Notice to Keepers. Appeal as the keeper and they are stuffed.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Adrian1999
    • By Adrian1999 16th Jun 17, 9:19 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Adrian1999
    I have put in my appeal and will update when more information arises.

I am assuming the PCN will have no consideration/care about what is said in a written explanation that I could provide. A action recommended by my HB.

The respective HB person of contact has further said that, the HB cannot cancel PCNs, appeals are direct to TPS, who will contact HB where required.

Thanks.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jun 17, 6:01 PM
    • 51,427 Posts
    • 65,027 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Best not to talk about what happened. We know the Health Board might get involved in appeals but best not to say who was driving in your appeal to TPS.

I overstayed in a short stay hospital car park (3.5 hours) designated for employees of the health board, of which I am. As a result of being unable to leave half way through performing a analytical analysis on biological samples of patients of the said HB, at the time of the incident.
    You could try complaining to the Health Board telling them the above detail, and inform them that this industry is rogue and out of control, wholly untrustworthy and you absolutely forbid the HB from passing on your complaint to TPS. Inost that the complaint is for the HB eyes only, to support the cancellation of this ridiculous charge.

Tell them that TPS must not be informed of who the driver was under any circs, and no data is to be shared (not even the information that you are staff). Nothing, or it will be a breach of the Data Protection Act. But that you trust the HB will act sensibly and authorise cancellation to save harassment for you.

Even so, you will win at POPLA. TPS signs are shockingly sparse, in cases I have seen, and their NTKs are not POFA compliant, hence why you need to be the keeper in the appeal, at POPLA stage, not an admitted driver. POPLA will not be interested in an explanation, only legal issues.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,506Posts Today

7,240Users online

Martin's Twitter