Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Aly28
    • By Aly28 13th Jun 17, 9:35 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Aly28
    Santander FTB timeline?
    • 13th Jun 17, 9:35 PM
    Santander FTB timeline? 13th Jun 17 at 9:35 PM
    Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has experience with Santander in terms of a mortgage application timeline?
    I submitted my proof of earnings after the Aip approved on Friday 9th June.

I've agreed a move in date of July 21st....will that be enough time for a FTB?

Thanks
Page 2
    • Aly28
    • By Aly28 9th Jul 17, 9:29 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Aly28
    Jarshay....same here
    It came back from the underwriters as they worked out my affordability different from what the Santander mortgage advisor had, which was very frustrating!

Im getting right back on the saddle and seeing another house tomorrow which is within my new affordability! She told me my application can be amended and submitted straight to the underwriters again with the new property details so I don't have to go through all the credit checks and uploading of documents again.

Hope things work out for you soon!
    • SuboJvR
    • By SuboJvR 9th Jul 17, 9:47 PM
    • 361 Posts
    • 250 Thanks
    SuboJvR
    Oh sorry to hear the news Aly28 and jarshay Hopefully you will both be on track again soon!
    • jarshay
    • By jarshay 10th Jul 17, 12:19 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    jarshay
    Aly28 - hope you find something quickly and congratulations again SuboJvR.

I was really annoyed this week as we got declined because we don't have 3 years of accounts - something our broker knew!! Anyway, we are waiting for an offer from another lender - fingers super crossed.
    • SuboJvR
    • By SuboJvR 10th Jul 17, 9:20 AM
    • 361 Posts
    • 250 Thanks
    SuboJvR
    Yes it seems you both came unstuck due to poor advisors through one way or another!
    • jarshay
    • By jarshay 10th Oct 17, 12:05 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    jarshay
    Yes it seems you both came unstuck due to poor advisors through one way or another!
    Originally posted by SuboJvR
    Yes we did - but good news, finally found a new house and got the offer accept and got the mortgage offer today! Literally over the moon!
    • jarshay
    • By jarshay 10th Oct 17, 12:06 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    jarshay
    Jarshay....same here
    It came back from the underwriters as they worked out my affordability different from what the Santander mortgage advisor had, which was very frustrating!

Im getting right back on the saddle and seeing another house tomorrow which is within my new affordability! She told me my application can be amended and submitted straight to the underwriters again with the new property details so I don't have to go through all the credit checks and uploading of documents again.

Hope things work out for you soon!
    Originally posted by Aly28
    Heya Aly28 - did things all work out in the end?
    • Mandy Smith
    • By Mandy Smith 12th Oct 17, 9:08 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mandy Smith
    Sorry but this is about a remortgage with Santander. We have been with them for some 15 years now and have been informed that because we are on such a low interest rate from when we took out the loan we cannot apply to remortgage at the same rate but would have to change our deal in order for us to remortgage. Surely this cannot be right as we have been with them 15 years on this low rate (its a repayment mortgage too). Does anyone have any idea of this happening to them recently and what do you think we should do now? Many thanks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

330Posts Today

2,980Users online

Martin's Twitter