Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Aly28
    • By Aly28 13th Jun 17, 9:35 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Aly28
    Santander FTB timeline?
    • 13th Jun 17, 9:35 PM
    Santander FTB timeline? 13th Jun 17 at 9:35 PM
    Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has experience with Santander in terms of a mortgage application timeline?
    I submitted my proof of earnings after the Aip approved on Friday 9th June.

I've agreed a move in date of July 21st....will that be enough time for a FTB?

Thanks
Page 1
    • jarshay
    • By jarshay 17th Jun 17, 3:33 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    jarshay
    • 17th Jun 17, 3:33 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 3:33 PM
    Heya @Aly28,

I am in the same position as you, had our AIP approved on the 26th May and we are still waiting - fingers crossed for us both!
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 17th Jun 17, 5:34 PM
    • 32,366 Posts
    • 17,376 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 17th Jun 17, 5:34 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 5:34 PM
    You need to know when the valuation is instructed and you need to know from the agent when the valuation is/will be carried out.

You will at least then know the earliest point you can expect them to get an offer out, a couple of days after the valuation.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • Aly28
    • By Aly28 17th Jun 17, 7:16 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Aly28
    • 17th Jun 17, 7:16 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 7:16 PM
    Heya @Aly28,

I am in the same position as you, had our AIP approved on the 26th May and we are still waiting - fingers crossed for us both!
    Originally posted by jarshay
    Hey Jarshay,
    Fingers crossed for you too! When was your full application submitted?
    I have a telephone appointment with the mortgage advisor on Tuesday before it goes to the underwriters!!
    • jarshay
    • By jarshay 20th Jun 17, 10:58 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    jarshay
    • 20th Jun 17, 10:58 PM
    • 20th Jun 17, 10:58 PM
    Hey Jarshay,
    Fingers crossed for you too! When was your full application submitted?
    I have a telephone appointment with the mortgage advisor on Tuesday before it goes to the underwriters!!
    Originally posted by Aly28
    Heya Aly28!

Well... I got a text this morning saying that our application had been submitted to Santander - so I presume our broker was preparing everything before submitting in the past day or two.

Fingers crossed we get it as we will be devastated is we don't get this house!

How did your call go today?
    • Aly28
    • By Aly28 21st Jun 17, 1:55 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Aly28
    • 21st Jun 17, 1:55 AM
    • 21st Jun 17, 1:55 AM
    Heya Aly28!

Well... I got a text this morning saying that our application had been submitted to Santander - so I presume our broker was preparing everything before submitting in the past day or two.

Fingers crossed we get it as we will be devastated is we don't get this house!

How did your call go today?
    The call went really well yeah! Just went through all my details on the application to make sure they had all the info/notes and supporting documents in place. Since i'm a new customer, ive been sent a letter to my home address. The application cant go to the underwriters until this is done but it should hopefully just take a couple of days. She seemed very optimistic when i told her my timeline so fingers crossed!

Looks like we'll be in this together!
    • jarshay
    • By jarshay 21st Jun 17, 10:43 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    jarshay
    • 21st Jun 17, 10:43 PM
    • 21st Jun 17, 10:43 PM
    The call went really well yeah! Just went through all my details on the application to make sure they had all the info/notes and supporting documents in place. Since i'm a new customer, ive been sent a letter to my home address. The application cant go to the underwriters until this is done but it should hopefully just take a couple of days. She seemed very optimistic when i told her my timeline so fingers crossed!

Oh great to hear it was positive. We had an update on our application and have to submit our company accounts then they can continue - I really hope this works out! I'll be back with a (positive) update soon!
    • SuboJvR
    • By SuboJvR 22nd Jun 17, 12:42 PM
    • 458 Posts
    • 325 Thanks
    SuboJvR
    • 22nd Jun 17, 12:42 PM
    • 22nd Jun 17, 12:42 PM
    Hi guys. Also in the same boat - our application went to Santander on Monday via broker.

Evidently our valuation was completed on 21/6 :O - very soon!

However we've hit a small snag. We are using HTB and apparently I didn't fill in the equal opportunities section properly - of all things, LOL! Just need to amend that to get the authority to proceed sorted and then pass that on to Santander :-)
    • jarshay
    • By jarshay 26th Jun 17, 7:42 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    jarshay
    • 26th Jun 17, 7:42 PM
    • 26th Jun 17, 7:42 PM

Slight update ... got a call from the estate agent of the house we are buying to inform me of a survey/valuation being booked in on Friday this week.

Underwriters have asked for more documents from my wife, that I am scanning and sending over in the morning.

I do hope that this means if the valuation is ok, that we are good to go!
    • tomryan89
    • By tomryan89 26th Jun 17, 8:27 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    tomryan89
    Sorry to hijack but also applying through Santander - they were booked in to do the valuation today. Does that mean we've past all credit checks and affordability tests - as in, is it essentially at "application accepted subject to Valuation" ?
    • jarshay
    • By jarshay 27th Jun 17, 11:18 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    jarshay
    Sorry to hijack but also applying through Santander - they were booked in to do the valuation today. Does that mean we've past all credit checks and affordability tests - as in, is it essentially at "application accepted subject to Valuation" ?
    Originally posted by tomryan89
    Heya, I'm not sure as I've not heard anything back, but I do know that I'll know in 2-3 days as my broker told me they are on a 2-3 day turnaround currently.

I'll let you know - whilst I panic for the next few days!
    • Aly28
    • By Aly28 28th Jun 17, 1:13 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Aly28
    Hey guys,
    Update for me today. Underwriters have asked for more documents so the waiting continues. I'm a nervous wreck! Really hoping for a decision this week!
    • SuboJvR
    • By SuboJvR 28th Jun 17, 8:57 AM
    • 458 Posts
    • 325 Thanks
    SuboJvR
    Hi all

Day 9/Working day 7 since our application went in. Few small things along the way. Our valuation was done on 21/6 but as of yesterday they were still waiting for the report. Our broker typo'd my name (it's a very complicated name lol) on our direct debit form so that needed re-signing and re-sending.

Then we were just waiting for our Authority to Proceed to come in for the Help to Buy scheme which happened at about 4:30pm yesterday so sent that off.

Nothing else requested from Santander thus far. According to their website for intermediaries their average offer time for residential mortgages is 11.4 days. I think with the authority to proceed delays for us which added an extra 3, I'm hoping we hear something by early next week!
    • SuboJvR
    • By SuboJvR 30th Jun 17, 1:18 PM
    • 458 Posts
    • 325 Thanks
    SuboJvR
    Aw, it's Friday afternoon and I've not heard anything back. Looks like we will be rolling into next week!
    • jarshay
    • By jarshay 30th Jun 17, 4:38 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    jarshay
    Friday afternoon and nothing here either! I'm literally losing the will to live.

I need to let my letting agents know on Monday if I am leaving my rental - and we had a rent review and they've but our rent upto £2500 from £2000 in the space of one month!!!!

I need this mortgage and house to go through ASAP as the mortgage there is online £1200 a month
    • LKRDN_Morgan
    • By LKRDN_Morgan 30th Jun 17, 4:58 PM
    • 276 Posts
    • 820 Thanks
    LKRDN_Morgan
    Friday afternoon and nothing here either! I'm literally losing the will to live.

I need to let my letting agents know on Monday if I am leaving my rental - and we had a rent review and they've but our rent upto £2500 from £2000 in the space of one month!!!!

I need this mortgage and house to go through ASAP as the mortgage there is online £1200 a month
    I wouldn't be telling the letting agent anything until you've exchanged contracts. Too much can go wrong between now and then. Even after getting the mortgage approved
    • BLOW FLY
    • By BLOW FLY 30th Jun 17, 6:33 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    BLOW FLY

With a 25% increase in rent I'd hazard a guess your LL has fallen foul of the new tax laws and you're now being asked to pay for his leveraged debt.

As said above I probably wouldn't do anything until you've at least exchanged contracts but a 25% rent increase and £2500pcm is pretty eye watering.

BF
    • jarshay
    • By jarshay 2nd Jul 17, 5:35 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    jarshay
    With a 25% increase in rent I'd hazard a guess your LL has fallen foul of the new tax laws and you're now being asked to pay for his leveraged debt.

As said above I probably wouldn't do anything until you've at least exchanged contracts but a 25% rent increase and £2500pcm is pretty eye watering.

BF
    Originally posted by BLOW FLY
    Yes that's what we think.

We are going to stay here till the end of August and I hope it will have all gone through by them - subject to getting this bleeding mortgage offer!
    • SuboJvR
    • By SuboJvR 4th Jul 17, 12:05 PM
    • 458 Posts
    • 325 Thanks
    SuboJvR
    Just got a text confirming our offer. Yay!
    • jarshay
    • By jarshay 4th Jul 17, 11:02 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    jarshay
    Just got a text confirming our offer. Yay!
    Originally posted by SuboJvR
    Congratulations

You must have got your offer as we got our decline
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

948Posts Today

6,235Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @SF_England: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, just so everyone is aware- check your payslips between when you graduated and the following Ap?

• Sorry to bubble burst. But each day a lot of people tweet me this. I think it doesn't show any other votes until t? https://t.co/uRny62NRc1

• Today's Twitter poll: I want to find out are people generally happy. So how happy are you today? PS I did the same? https://t.co/3Gw9ylu2H2

• Follow Martin