Tesco Rewards offers are poor

Days out are no use to me as I can't use fairgrounds or walk for miles.

Crockery offers are limited to boring Denby ware.

Goldsmiths X3 offers only allow tokens to be used on full price, over priced items and can only be used in store.

Gardening token values are eroded by high prices and postage.

Tokens for experiences etc look good at X3 or X4 voucher value, but the actual product can cost hundreds of £s,so costs lots of vouchers or lots of additional money.

We live in quite a large city,yet the nearest place on the dining out offer is over 40 miles away.

We have car breakdown from another offer.

So we are left with magazines or spending at face value, yet this is supposed to be better value than the old double ups.
Better than nothing, but I'd prefer lower prices,nowadays.

Comments

• IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    If you would prefer lower prices, why not shop elsewhere?
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Personal taste I guess..

That dining out offer sounds like it could be cool... Just drive your partner/friend/other to there or get the bus/train

Nice little day out.
  • I only use rip of T for petroleum spirit. Occasionally their voucher gets me a new packet of cocoa.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    never use the reward offers, i save vouchers up for things i need, last time i got a £65 external HDD
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I save £s each month by shopping at Aldi/Lidl/Morrisons (only using Tesco for petrol). All the £s I save can then be spent on doing things that I actually want to do.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,349
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    Dont use Tesco, problem solved
  • The-Truth
    The-Truth Posts: 483 Forumite
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Days out are no use to me as I can't use fairgrounds or walk for miles.

Crockery offers are limited to boring Denby ware.

Goldsmiths X3 offers only allow tokens to be used on full price, over priced items and can only be used in store.

Gardening token values are eroded by high prices and postage.

Tokens for experiences etc look good at X3 or X4 voucher value, but the actual product can cost hundreds of £s,so costs lots of vouchers or lots of additional money.

We live in quite a large city,yet the nearest place on the dining out offer is over 40 miles away.

We have car breakdown from another offer.

So we are left with magazines or spending at face value, yet this is supposed to be better value than the old double ups.
    Better than nothing, but I'd prefer lower prices,nowadays.

The Avios offer works out good for me and I will continue to use it.

As others have said if you don't like it go elsewhere then!
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    I only rarely use Tesco for shopping but used to use a Tesco CC which gave points on all spending. As soon as they stopped doing instore points doubleups I swapped to a CC that pays cashback because the Rewards are pretty much useless to me too.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 14 June 2017 at 4:11PM
    The-Truth wrote: »
    The Avios offer works out good for me and I will continue to use it.

As others have said if you don't like it go elsewhere then!

They are by far the nearest and I often receive the £6 or £4 off a £40 shop offers. Their prices are very similar to Morrisons and Asda, anyway.

I do use Aldi (mainly for meats), also quite near, but they don't stock a lot of the things I like. Very little of their products are low sugar or sugar free (exception sugar free sweets), especially tinned fruit and some tinned items (baked beans and tomato ketchup in particular ) have higher sugar content than other brands, so I can't often do a full shop there.

The Rewards vouchers are, therefore a bonus, but since the removal of double up (which gave a huge choice) and replacement by (hardly noticeable ) extra deals , they have lost their appeal (in fact half their value since the demise of double up), so I'd prefer cheaper produce, though I suppose using at face value is like a reduction.

Just felt like a moan after finding the only offer we can use is for magazines.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure