Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gemm83
    • By Gemm83 13th Jun 17, 8:32 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Gemm83
    Please help! Childcare Vouchers
    • 13th Jun 17, 8:32 PM
    Please help! Childcare Vouchers 13th Jun 17 at 8:32 PM
    Hi

I have recently returned back to work full time. The decision to do this was partly based on advice from a very intelligent work colleague who already sacrifices some of her wages through the voucher scheme.

She told me that whilst claiming the full amount of vouchers (£243) a month, she hardly notices any difference in her take home to what she was earning previously. Now, I am not naive enough to believe it would make hardly any difference to my take home, but after speaking to another colleague it seems she may have overestimated how wonderful the scheme is (in a take home wage sense!)

I know that without the vouchers I would normally come home with around £1400-1450. That's taking out tax, NI and pension, could anyone help with how much I would be left with once the vouchers come out?

Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 13th Jun 17, 9:00 PM
    • 4,725 Posts
    • 2,992 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 13th Jun 17, 9:00 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 9:00 PM
    Not possible to work out from your current net pay as we don't know all the deductions that are being made. Google salary calculator and put in your details.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,341Posts Today

8,227Users online

Martin's Twitter