Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • badger09
    • By badger09 13th Jun 17, 5:51 PM
    • 5,112Posts
    • 4,325Thanks
    badger09
    Help with feedback
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:51 PM
    Help with feedback 13th Jun 17 at 5:51 PM
    Hope someone can guide me as to appropriate feedback to leave.

I bought identical item, same size, from this seller in an auction which ended 30th May and paid (slightly more) immediately. This buyer who bought the item after me has obviously received theirs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Joules-New-Season-W-Harbour-Anemone-Floral-Top-UK-14-/152561123258

Estimated delivery date was 5th June, but on 8th June I noticed item was not even marked as dispatched and I'd heard nothing from seller. I 'opened a request' saying I still wanted the item but still heard nothing from seller. Today I got an email saying a full refund had been made. A message from seller says he 'sent one out 2 weeks ago but it must have got lost in the post'.

I'm not out of pocket. What feedback would be appropriate?
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Jun 17, 5:55 PM
    • 10,713 Posts
    • 7,173 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:55 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:55 PM
    Hope someone can guide me as to appropriate feedback to leave.

I bought identical item, same size, from this seller in an auction which ended 30th May and paid (slightly more) immediately. This buyer who bought the item after me has obviously received theirs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Joules-New-Season-W-Harbour-Anemone-Floral-Top-UK-14-/152561123258

Estimated delivery date was 5th June, but on 8th June I noticed item was not even marked as dispatched and I'd heard nothing from seller. I 'opened a request' saying I still wanted the item but still heard nothing from seller. Today I got an email saying a full refund had been made. A message from seller says he 'sent one out 2 weeks ago but it must have got lost in the post'.

I'm not out of pocket. What feedback would be appropriate?
    Originally posted by badger09
    I cannot link to the item as I'm on my phone. Apologies if that is particularly relevant.

If the seller sent the item and you didn't receive it, but you opened a request and got a full refund, I'm struggling to see the issue? Or do you think the item was never sent? Probably best to move on. Things go missing. You haven't had to fight tooth and nail for a refund.
    Last edited by theonlywayisup; 13-06-2017 at 5:58 PM.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 13th Jun 17, 6:13 PM
    • 5,112 Posts
    • 4,325 Thanks
    badger09
    • 13th Jun 17, 6:13 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 6:13 PM
    I cannot link to the item as I'm on my phone. Apologies if that is particularly relevant.

If the seller sent the item and you didn't receive it, but you opened a request and got a full refund, I'm struggling to see the issue? Or do you think the item was never sent? Probably best to move on. Things go missing. You haven't had to fight tooth and nail for a refund.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    Thanks. You're probably right. I do think it was never sent, but that's probably clouding my judgement. Seller has a few negative feedback because items not received.

I'd still like to know what feedback would be appropriate?
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 13th Jun 17, 6:14 PM
    • 4,326 Posts
    • 3,725 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 13th Jun 17, 6:14 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 6:14 PM
    You have no way of knowing what really happened. You also got your refund without a fight. So I'd just leave positive saying it never arrived and you were refunded. Its frustrating and disappointing but there is little you can do. Unless you know 100% it wasn't sent you can't really leave a negative
    • Huskydays
    • By Huskydays 13th Jun 17, 7:37 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    Huskydays
    • 13th Jun 17, 7:37 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 7:37 PM
    Unless you know 100% it wasn't sent you can't really leave a negative
    Originally posted by mrcol1000
    ^I agree with this.

Remember, feedback isn't mandatory, you don't have to leave any.
    • FatVonD
    • By FatVonD 13th Jun 17, 10:29 PM
    • 4,654 Posts
    • 17,761 Thanks
    FatVonD
    • 13th Jun 17, 10:29 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 10:29 PM
    I think positive is pushing it a bit, I think I'd either leave nothing or neutral.
    Lunches brought to work in August 14/22 Money saved to date £27.08 (compared to spending three pounds on a meal deal)

Make £10 a day in August £115.07/£310 (July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54)
    • Tealblue
    • By Tealblue 13th Jun 17, 10:56 PM
    • 593 Posts
    • 971 Thanks
    Tealblue
    • 13th Jun 17, 10:56 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 10:56 PM
    We leave in a feedback-obsessed culture; don't obsess! If you aren't sure what to say, don't leave feedback.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 14th Jun 17, 7:12 AM
    • 3,055 Posts
    • 1,781 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 14th Jun 17, 7:12 AM
    • 14th Jun 17, 7:12 AM
    I agree, feedback is a measure of both the recipient and the seller, rather than an internet consensus. Sorry to sound a bit Zen but look inside yourself when wondering what feedback to leave!
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 14th Jun 17, 10:25 AM
    • 5,112 Posts
    • 4,325 Thanks
    badger09
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:25 AM
    • 14th Jun 17, 10:25 AM
    Thanks for all your thoughts.

Seller reacts rather aggressively to any Neutral or Negative feedback, so rather than leave anything short of Positive, which doesn't feel right, I won't leave any.
    • qsk
    • By qsk 15th Jun 17, 12:53 PM
    • 203 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    qsk
    If you paid similar amount for P&P as the other item and the seller could you produce a tracking number or a plausible cause, I would assume it was not sent at all (for whatever reason) and leave a neg or neutral.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Jun 17, 3:05 PM
    • 58,977 Posts
    • 41,779 Thanks
    soolin
    If you paid similar amount for P&P as the other item and the seller could you produce a tracking number or a plausible cause, I would assume it was not sent at all (for whatever reason) and leave a neg or neutral.
    Originally posted by qsk
    I disagree about the tracking, I send mainly large letter size items and never use tracking, if someone expected me to provide tracking and I refunded them would that mark me as a scammer or just a pragmatic seller who knows I can't win an INR case?
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • qsk
    • By qsk 15th Jun 17, 5:05 PM
    • 203 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    qsk
    I disagree about the tracking, I send mainly large letter size items and never use tracking, if someone expected me to provide tracking and I refunded them would that mark me as a scammer or just a pragmatic seller who knows I can't win an INR case?
    Originally posted by soolin
    If OP paid £3.20 for P&P, as in the other item, rather than £1 large letter, I would expect a tracked service being used.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 15th Jun 17, 5:12 PM
    • 10,713 Posts
    • 7,173 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    If OP paid £3.20 for P&P, as in the other item, rather than £1 large letter, I would expect a tracked service being used.
    Originally posted by qsk
    You should look at the service that is offered and forms part of the contract, not expect one that suits your desire.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Jun 17, 5:30 PM
    • 58,977 Posts
    • 41,779 Thanks
    soolin
    Originally posted by qsk
    I wouldn't expect tracked unless the listing said so.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • qsk
    • By qsk 16th Jun 17, 10:21 AM
    • 203 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    qsk
    You should look at the service that is offered and forms part of the contract, not expect one that suits your desire.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    Just to be clear that we are not talking about legal obligation here. We are talking about is feedback, ie, what buyer feels/desires. If a higher P&P is charged than the service provided and the low service leads to INR, why should the buyer not air his/her displeasure?
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 17th Jun 17, 7:28 AM
    • 10,713 Posts
    • 7,173 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    If a higher P&P is charged than the service provided and the low service leads to INR, why should the buyer not air his/her displeasure?
    Originally posted by qsk
    The contract is based on the service the seller advertises, not the one the buyer decides should have been used. It isn't about higher or lower services it is about the one on the listing.

If a seller charges £x for first class you cannot expect Special Delivery because you feel £x is too expensive.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,043Users online

Martin's Twitter