Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lee peers
    • By Lee peers 13th Jun 17, 5:08 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Lee peers
    Mil collections
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:08 PM
    Mil collections 13th Jun 17 at 5:08 PM
    I have recieved a letter from mil collections asking for £100 on a unpaid parking charge. I have already written back to state that payment is denied as i hold a parking permit to park there paid for by my company. It was not on my dash at the time the ticket was produced but i have work colleagues who park in the same car park with no parking permit as thy have been told the parking firm hold their details on file so no tickets will be produced. How does stand in regards to making payment on my side
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 13th Jun 17, 5:13 PM
    • 14,784 Posts
    • 18,593 Thanks
    Redx
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:13 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:13 PM
    denying any alleged debt is the correct thing to do and no payment should be made

if they try a court case (MCOL) then come back for further help

meanwhile, use the forum search box and read say 10 or 20 other threads about previous MIL cases, plus any on pepipoo , plus parking pranksters blogs about MIL as well

ie:- be prepared
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Jun 17, 5:18 PM
    • 5,525 Posts
    • 7,105 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:18 PM
    MIL ????

I wonder if they are just peeping over the rock they hid behind
    after being laser blasted
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Jun 17, 5:18 PM
    • 13,613 Posts
    • 21,348 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Which parking company issued the original parking charge?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Lee peers
    • By Lee peers 13th Jun 17, 5:21 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Lee peers
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:21 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:21 PM
    Northwest parking enforcement ltd
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Jun 17, 5:32 PM
    • 13,613 Posts
    • 21,348 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:32 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:32 PM
    Originally posted by Lee peers
    Thank you.

A bit of encouraging reading for you.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/mil-lose-in-court-northwest-parking.html

You might also want to post your case over on PePiPoo where regulat Hotel Oscar 87 takes a very close interest in MIL cases. He also posts here (under HO87), but seems to spend a bit more time on PePiPoo.

Register there (but please note that a hotmail address won't work) and post a new thread; here's your link:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=60
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jun 17, 5:56 PM
    • 48,261 Posts
    • 61,746 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:56 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:56 PM
    MIL are extremely easy to beat of they try a doomed small claim; these defences are fun to write!

Originally posted by Lee peers
    Did that company obtain data from the DVLA, and write to you as registered keeper a month after the PCN, or did you appeal immediately to a windscreen PCN and offer your own data to them up front?
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 13th Jun 17, 7:08 PM
    • 1,364 Posts
    • 2,549 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 13th Jun 17, 7:08 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 7:08 PM
    Take care. The DVLA will do anything to keep the money flowing. Ask the DVLA for the latest on the issues raised in that article.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.
    • Lee peers
    • By Lee peers 13th Jun 17, 8:54 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Lee peers
    • 13th Jun 17, 8:54 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 8:54 PM
    No they went through the dvla. Its a private car park with no meter. I av a parking permit that was not on show but i have parked in the same bay for 2 years with no ticket issued. Northwest parking are supposed to have my details on record and i know people that park there all day everyday without permission and have never received a ticket
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jun 17, 8:58 PM
    • 48,261 Posts
    • 61,746 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No they went through the dvla.
    Good.

Never mind what the latest is from the DVLA (they wriggle too much, as IamEmanresu says).

I know what they said a couple of months ago:

Date: 20 February 2017 at 08:01:18 GMT
    Subject: Fwd: Urgent - Information Request.

Dear xx xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that MIL have stated...

“Only where we have positive information supplied by the motorist to either the seller or ourselves are continuing with those cases. We are assuming by default that data that has been supplied is DVLA unless we know otherwise”

If the data being used has not been obtained directly from DVLA, the Agency could not provide any instructions on this data. If however, the data is vehicle keeper data that has been obtained directly from DVLA, this should not be used as permission was not provided by the DVLA for this to be passed to MIL.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide any further advice on this matter but I hope this helps

Kind regards

David Dunford
    Data Sharing Strategy & Compliance
    Strategy, Policy & Communications Directorate | D16 | DVLA | Swansea | SA99 1DY
    Twitter: @dvlagovuk

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 13th Jun 17, 9:50 PM
    • 1,364 Posts
    • 2,549 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    I know what they said a couple of months ago:
    Two months is a long time. Things get changed / finessed / fudged / "adjusted" or whatever the latest word for a DVLA u-turn.

Check with the DVLA that the position stated then is the same now.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jun 17, 9:58 PM
    • 48,261 Posts
    • 61,746 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I am sure it's not! But that email at least helps show MIL this isn't a person who is clueless about MIL.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

436Posts Today

4,876Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin