Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kodi32
    • By Kodi32 13th Jun 17, 4:22 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kodi32
    Stevenage Leisure Park - UKPC Help!
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:22 PM
    Stevenage Leisure Park - UKPC Help! 13th Jun 17 at 4:22 PM
    Hi All, after some help and advice for the following please:
    Yesterday the driver parked at the stevenage leisure park, free car park,
    they had to go to the Gordan Craig Theatre just next door over the bridge for about an hour,
    They also used the Mcdonalds within the stevenage leisure park (paid cash, didn't take a receipt!)
    When they got back to the car they found they had a little yellow present stuck to the windscreen!
    A parking charge notice for £100, or £60 if they pay up quick! from UKPC.
    Apparently you get this parking charge if you leave the car park site for even 1 minute!
    Someone must have been hiding in the bushes watching them! and where they went!
    or maybe they where following them around with the CCTV?
    They have parked here for many years in this way and never got a ticket before,
    so to say their gutted is an understatement! especially as it's a free car park!!!
    They should of read the smallprint on the signs, then they never would have parked here!
    A £60 or £100 charge is something they really can't afford at the moment.
    So my question is what are their chances of appealing/complaining and avoiding this fine?
    and what is the best way to go about it, they're not very good with all the legal mumbo jumbo stuff
    and don't really want to get into writing dozens of letters to all the people concerned.
    Is there a route to getting this overturned that is fairly simple?
    or are there services/companies/websites out there who will fight an appeal on their behalf for a small admin fee?
    Also the car is a company lease hire, so not sure how that effects things if the driver doesn't pay and just ignores the parking ticket.
    Any help much appreciated
    Kind Regards Kodi.
    Last edited by Kodi32; 13-06-2017 at 4:52 PM.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Jun 17, 4:28 PM
    • 31,513 Posts
    • 15,527 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:28 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:28 PM
    Before starting a new thread you are (politely) asked to read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum where you will find all the advice you need on what and when to do....

There is also a section there for lease car drivers
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jun 17, 4:31 PM
    • 39,235 Posts
    • 78,383 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:31 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:31 PM
    It is not a fine.

First, edit your post to remove any indication about who did what. Only refer to the driver and the hirer, who are two different people as far as anyone is concerned.

Next, inform the hire/lease company that you are dealing with this and they must not pay this parking charge under any circumstances. Point out that they are not liable so they must not pay on your behalf.

Then, read up on the procedure for hire lease cars in the Sticky thread for NEWBIES before sending in your appeal. There is a specific wording to use which you will find in the NEWBIES.

Do not ignore. That advice has not been given here since the law changed in 2012. Also, if you ignore it, the lease company may erroneously pay it for you then charge you for the privilege.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 13-06-2017 at 4:34 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Kodi32
    • By Kodi32 13th Jun 17, 4:54 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kodi32
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:54 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:54 PM
    Thanks Fruitcake & Quentin,
    Will go and study the Newbies section.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 13th Jun 17, 5:44 PM
    • 2,143 Posts
    • 3,170 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:44 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:44 PM
    The leaving site scam is something ppcs have added to extend their greedy little operation, they rarely try to progress this one to court since one of their tribe of lowlifes got spanked.

If the leaving site clause is so detrimental to the site owners business plan, why did their incentivised Muppet allow it?
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

909Posts Today

7,411Users online

Martin's Twitter