Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kodi32
    • By Kodi32 13th Jun 17, 4:22 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Kodi32
    Stevenage Leisure Park - UKPC Help!
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:22 PM
    Stevenage Leisure Park - UKPC Help! 13th Jun 17 at 4:22 PM
    Hi All, after some help and advice for the following please:
    Yesterday the driver parked at the stevenage leisure park, free car park,
    they had to go to the Gordan Craig Theatre just next door over the bridge for about an hour,
    They also used the Mcdonalds within the stevenage leisure park (paid cash, didn't take a receipt!)
    When they got back to the car they found they had a little yellow present stuck to the windscreen!
    A parking charge notice for £100, or £60 if they pay up quick! from UKPC.
    Apparently you get this parking charge if you leave the car park site for even 1 minute!
    Someone must have been hiding in the bushes watching them! and where they went!
    or maybe they where following them around with the CCTV?
    They have parked here for many years in this way and never got a ticket before,
    so to say their gutted is an understatement! especially as it's a free car park!!!
    They should of read the smallprint on the signs, then they never would have parked here!
    A £60 or £100 charge is something they really can't afford at the moment.
    So my question is what are their chances of appealing/complaining and avoiding this fine?
    and what is the best way to go about it, they're not very good with all the legal mumbo jumbo stuff
    and don't really want to get into writing dozens of letters to all the people concerned.
    Is there a route to getting this overturned that is fairly simple?
    or are there services/companies/websites out there who will fight an appeal on their behalf for a small admin fee?
    Also the car is a company lease hire, so not sure how that effects things if the driver doesn't pay and just ignores the parking ticket.
    Any help much appreciated
    Kind Regards Kodi.
    Last edited by Kodi32; 13-06-2017 at 4:52 PM.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Jun 17, 4:28 PM
    • 33,243 Posts
    • 17,186 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:28 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:28 PM
    Before starting a new thread you are (politely) asked to read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum where you will find all the advice you need on what and when to do....

There is also a section there for lease car drivers
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jun 17, 4:31 PM
    • 40,464 Posts
    • 80,850 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:31 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:31 PM
    It is not a fine.

First, edit your post to remove any indication about who did what. Only refer to the driver and the hirer, who are two different people as far as anyone is concerned.

Next, inform the hire/lease company that you are dealing with this and they must not pay this parking charge under any circumstances. Point out that they are not liable so they must not pay on your behalf.

Then, read up on the procedure for hire lease cars in the Sticky thread for NEWBIES before sending in your appeal. There is a specific wording to use which you will find in the NEWBIES.

Do not ignore. That advice has not been given here since the law changed in 2012. Also, if you ignore it, the lease company may erroneously pay it for you then charge you for the privilege.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 13-06-2017 at 4:34 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Kodi32
    • By Kodi32 13th Jun 17, 4:54 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kodi32
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:54 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:54 PM
    Thanks Fruitcake & Quentin,
    Will go and study the Newbies section.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 13th Jun 17, 5:44 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 3,839 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:44 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:44 PM
    The leaving site scam is something ppcs have added to extend their greedy little operation, they rarely try to progress this one to court since one of their tribe of lowlifes got spanked.

If the leaving site clause is so detrimental to the site owners business plan, why did their incentivised Muppet allow it?
    • Kodi32
    • By Kodi32 17th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kodi32
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    Hi Just received the NTK in the post. But no POPLA.
    With another letter thanking me (the keeper) for my recent correspondence (online appeal as advised in newbies faq, with the blue template).
    Now they are asking me to provide the drivers name and address within 14 days of the letter,
    or the registered keeper will be liable. i would upload a photo of the letter, but don't seem to be able to.
    They say all their signage is fully compliant with BPA code of practice and they reject the notion that it is anyway unclear or ambiguous.
    So do i just ignore this ? and wait for a popla code?
    i also wrote to the land owner with no joy, they say the driver was witnessed leaving the site.
    what's my next move?
    Regards K.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Jul 17, 3:19 PM
    • 33,243 Posts
    • 17,186 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:19 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:19 PM
    Await a popla code then use it to send in your popla appeal
    • ratechaser
    • By ratechaser 17th Jul 17, 4:07 PM
    • 468 Posts
    • 368 Thanks
    ratechaser
    • 17th Jul 17, 4:07 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 4:07 PM
    Did you complain to JLL, the landowner (search similar threads for Stevenage leisure park, details are there)? They seem quick to cancel with a strong complaint.
    • Kodi32
    • By Kodi32 17th Jul 17, 5:36 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kodi32
    • 17th Jul 17, 5:36 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 5:36 PM
    Yes did complain to JLL with a very strong complaint,
    But they wanted a receipt from a retailer on the park for the times involved (which i don't have)
    and they say that UKPC witnessed the driver leaving the site.
    So they wouldn't cancel the parking charge.
    • Kodi32
    • By Kodi32 17th Jul 17, 6:02 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kodi32
    Has anyone used:
    privateparkingappeals.co.uk
    is that a route worth considering?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Jul 17, 6:21 PM
    • 15,490 Posts
    • 24,201 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Has anyone used:
    Originally posted by Kodi32
    Do you mean this one?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=113195
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 17th Jul 17, 6:43 PM
    • 7,644 Posts
    • 7,893 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Has anyone used:

excellent service , read all about his latest win in wales

read all bout it on parking pransters blog http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/judge-finds-for-parking-company-on-all.html

and in the words of Sue Prior who is " i am Taff Ely Parking Action group assistant"

"Susan Prior16 July 2017 at 15:55
    This was John Wilkie he submitted no evidence. And basically fighting on points that they say were unwinnable that is unreasonable in itself. *

so if you feel confident that PPA can help you in your "minor" case , having read his ability in a larger one , then do it !
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Jul 17, 6:44 PM
    • 33,243 Posts
    • 17,186 Thanks
    Quentin
    Has anyone used:
    Why are you unhappy with the route you have been taking.?

(Do a search for them here and make your own mind up after reading the posts from their clients)
    • Kodi32
    • By Kodi32 17th Jul 17, 9:21 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kodi32
    no i'm not unhappy with the route i'm taking,
    i just came across their website and wondered if they were any good and successful.
    just trying to get my head around how i'm going to appeal once i get the popla code and reasons for appeal etc.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Jul 17, 9:30 PM
    • 33,243 Posts
    • 17,186 Thanks
    Quentin
    All your concerns are covered in the newbies faq thread

When you have constructed your popla appeal put it up here for comments
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Jul 17, 9:46 PM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,106 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    no i'm not unhappy with the route i'm taking,
    i just came across their website and wondered if they were any good and successful.
    just trying to get my head around how i'm going to appeal once i get the popla code and reasons for appeal etc.
    How did you find that website, just out of interest, there is no link here of course.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 17th Jul 17, 9:51 PM
    • 7,644 Posts
    • 7,893 Thanks
    pappa golf
    How did you find that website, just out of interest, there is no link here of course.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    recommended by a nurse in Wales
    • Clive Booth
    • By Clive Booth 26th Jul 17, 12:54 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Clive Booth
    Stevenage Leisure Park
    Hi Kodi,

I'd like to look into this for you. We act for the owners of the site. If you could drop me an email and ideally the ticket number I'll take it forward.

Kind regards,
    Clive

CliveBooth
    Head of Communications - UK Marketing
    JLL
    30 Warwick Street
    | LondonW1B 5NH

clive.booth @ eu.jll. com
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Jul 17, 1:10 PM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,106 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hi Kodi,

I'd like to look into this for you. We act for the owners of the site. If you could drop me an email and ideally the ticket number I'll take it forward.

Kind regards,
    Clive

CliveBooth
    Head of Communications - UK Marketing
    JLL
    30 Warwick Street
    | LondonW1B 5NH

clive.booth @ eu.jll. com
    Originally posted by Clive Booth
    You have to seek the forum team's prior permission to offer advice from a company.

But while you are here, what on EARTH possessed you to take on the likes of ex-clampers and admitted 'photo-doctorer' scumbags, UKPC?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=63597

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

And no, that second situation was NOT restricted to one site/one rogue employee.

How the heck can you take such scum on, to harass your customers in car parks? Is it because they kindly 'offered' a free contract? How do you think these protection rackets get their money?

Of course it's 'free' (LOL, think again) but what about the effect on your patrons and the loss of repeat visitors?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Kodi32
    • By Kodi32 26th Jul 17, 9:25 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kodi32
    Thanks Coupon-mad,
    do you think i should email Clive Booth, is he real or fake? What's he doing on this forum?
    or does he have some kind of ulterior motive to get information to mess up my appeal?
    I did write to JLL with no joy, they wanted receipts, that i don't have.
    But still waiting for my popla code, after i appealed with the blue template on the UKPC website.
    Yes they have certainly lost all of my custom and that of my large extended family,
    we just take our money to other retailers elsewhere now!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

193Posts Today

1,572Users online

Martin's Twitter