Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Iona Thomas
    • By Iona Thomas 13th Jun 17, 2:33 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Iona Thomas
    Hackney PCN for parking on pavement
    • 13th Jun 17, 2:33 PM
    Hackney PCN for parking on pavement 13th Jun 17 at 2:33 PM
    Hey
    I got a PCN for parking on an unmarked bit of pavement with a flat kerb - annoyingly I'm not allowed to post a link to images as a new user. I suppose I am in the wrong but I'm hoping there's a way out of this ticket as I can't afford to pay it and I don't think it's that clear cut. I know lots of people who park in the same place without getting tickets...
    Can anyone advise?
    Thanks!
    Iona
Page 1
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 13th Jun 17, 3:07 PM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 3,310 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 13th Jun 17, 3:07 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 3:07 PM
    The fact that others have got away with it is immaterial, and if you mean you parked in front of a dropped kerb it's not allowed, if you parked over one and on the pavement that's worse.

You can post links as a newbie by changing the http to hxxp.

Though this forum really majors on private parking tickets pepipoo is your best bet.
    Last edited by fisherjim; 13-06-2017 at 3:48 PM.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Iona Thomas
    • By Iona Thomas 13th Jun 17, 3:49 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Iona Thomas
    • 13th Jun 17, 3:49 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 3:49 PM
    Would you mind having a little look and see if there might be a way out of it?
    Does this link work?
    hxxp://postimg.org/gallery/2ln9qgxkm/
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Jun 17, 4:18 PM
    • 13,602 Posts
    • 21,324 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:18 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:18 PM
    http://postimg.org/gallery/2ln9qgxkm/

That works now.

Who issued the ticket to you, because in the second photo I think I can see a private parking company sign?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Jun 17, 4:23 PM
    • 32,109 Posts
    • 16,202 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:23 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:23 PM
    You need to edit the photos - you can be identified by your reg

And if you have inadvertently used your real name as your forum name you need to get MSE to change it ASAP.

The ppcs monitor this forum, and can use your posts and thread against you
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 13th Jun 17, 4:53 PM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 3,310 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:53 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:53 PM
    So the dropped kerb bit is a red herring this seems like a private parking ticket and the PPC rules are on the wall, a different kettle of fish then.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Iona Thomas
    • By Iona Thomas 13th Jun 17, 5:04 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Iona Thomas
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:04 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:04 PM
    It's not a private ticket it's one from the council, says "parked with one or more wheels on or over a footpath or any part of a road other than a carriageway."
    It's just that it's an ambiguous area with pavement around it separated by a kind of flat curb (genuinely not sure what for but it looks like a drive) and so I'm not actually blocking the pavement. I will definitely contest it because it is confusing - just wondered what the best angle might be...

Trying to find how to change my name now thanks for the advice!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Jun 17, 5:41 PM
    • 32,109 Posts
    • 16,202 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:41 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 5:41 PM
    If it's a 'proper' parking fine then take this to pepipoo
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Jun 17, 6:03 PM
    • 13,602 Posts
    • 21,324 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Jun 17, 6:03 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 6:03 PM
    If it's a 'proper' parking fine then take this to pepipoo
    Originally posted by Quentin
    @OP - when posting on PePiPoo mention that private parking company notice (get a close up photo to confirm it is/what it says) because that might be part of the 'confusion' about the parking spot.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,675Posts Today

8,182Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin