Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tomlaceyjohnson
    • By tomlaceyjohnson 13th Jun 17, 1:18 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tomlaceyjohnson
    EON Smart Metre not working properly
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:18 PM
    EON Smart Metre not working properly 13th Jun 17 at 1:18 PM
    My EON Smart Energy Metre display unit is not showing tariff or usage at all. It won't tell me when I am currently using per hr or predict anything. The only thing that seems to be working is the bar gauge and the lights at the bottom of the display.

I have tried turning it off and on again along with seeing if there is something up with my metre its self not sending to the display unit properly but I can't tell exactly.

Can anyone help?
Page 1
    • Wolf3
    • By Wolf3 13th Jun 17, 1:39 PM
    • 201 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    Wolf3
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:39 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:39 PM
    if it is the display, then i believe it has just lost its wireless connection to the meter and needs resetting. You can do this by pressing and holding the power button on the back until it turns off, i think it says goodbye. Then take it over to the electric meter and pressing the power button to turn it back on
    • tomlaceyjohnson
    • By tomlaceyjohnson 13th Jun 17, 2:02 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tomlaceyjohnson
    • 13th Jun 17, 2:02 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 2:02 PM
    It is connected to the metre as the current usage bar goes up when things like my kettle are in use.
    • House Martin
    • By House Martin 13th Jun 17, 4:54 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    House Martin
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:54 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 4:54 PM
    Can you amend your post heading to referring what you describe as a smart meter to an IHD ( In House Display ) .Its not a smart meter and is giving some people the wrong idea. The Daily Telegraph ran a damaging story about SSE and their smart meter roll out. calling a faulty batch of IHD s ( which were grossly over reading )smart meters " The IHD is a freebie gadget for viewing usage and other data and it is not a smart meter.. Many people started refusing smart meters because of the Daily Telegraph story .SSE should have sued them for the wording of this stupid story.
    I don t think that any of these gadgets will be lasting too many years and when they break, which they all will, the suppliers will not replace them.
    Last edited by House Martin; 14-06-2017 at 8:53 AM.
    • Wolf3
    • By Wolf3 13th Jun 17, 10:58 PM
    • 201 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    Wolf3
    • 13th Jun 17, 10:58 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 10:58 PM
    It is connected to the metre as the current usage bar goes up when things like my kettle are in use.
    Then i would contact Eon as i believe they are replacing the faulty displays at the moment.
  • E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:43 AM
    • 14th Jun 17, 8:43 AM
    Morning tomlaceyjohnson,

As Wolf3 says, it's going to best to speak to us as we may need to make an appointment for an engineer to get this resolved.

We do have a dedicated smart department numbers and emails on the website, but you can come to me and I'll get you in contact if that would be better for you.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,061Posts Today

6,785Users online

Martin's Twitter