Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rockerchick
    • By rockerchick 13th Jun 17, 12:58 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 6Thanks
    rockerchick
    Inadequate facilities at outdoor event.
    • 13th Jun 17, 12:58 PM
    Inadequate facilities at outdoor event. 13th Jun 17 at 12:58 PM
    Recently returned from a music festival with camping. I've been going for nine years straight so it's not like I don't know what they should or shouldn't have. But this year they appeared to cut costs by severely reducing the amount of porta loos in the arena (the area where the bands play).
    The ques were so bad you're talking like an hour wait. (I know some wait is to be expected at these things but I can't begin to explain how bad it was) I've heard stories of people feeling ill and stuff cos they had to hold it in for so long. I nearly had an asthma attack running from one lot to the other trying to find some with shorter queues. Some women nearly wet themselves, some had to squat over the men's urinals to pee. What are my (and others rights) with this? It's a basic need to pee and they severely reduced the amount of toilets available. I don't think it's on and it ruined a lot of people's experiences. Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • powerful_Rogue
    • By powerful_Rogue 13th Jun 17, 1:07 PM
    • 3,298 Posts
    • 4,787 Thanks
    powerful_Rogue
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:07 PM
    Recently returned from a music festival with camping. I've been going for nine years straight so it's not like I don't know what they should or shouldn't have. But this year they appeared to cut costs by severely reducing the amount of porta loos in the arena (the area where the bands play).
    The ques were so bad you're talking like an hour wait. (I know some wait is to be expected at these things but I can't begin to explain how bad it was) I've heard stories of people feeling ill and stuff cos they had to hold it in for so long. I nearly had an asthma attack running from one lot to the other trying to find some with shorter queues. Some women nearly wet themselves, some had to squat over the men's urinals to pee. What are my (and others rights) with this? It's a basic need to pee and they severely reduced the amount of toilets available. I don't think it's on and it ruined a lot of people's experiences. Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    Did you raise the issue at the time?
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 13th Jun 17, 1:07 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    angryparcel
    as long as they provided toilets they they have done nothing wrong, so you have no rights
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 13th Jun 17, 1:23 PM
    • 10,843 Posts
    • 7,075 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:23 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:23 PM
    But this year they appeared to cut costs by severely reducing the amount of porta loos in the arena (the area where the bands play).
    do you mean there were other toilets in other areas?
    the guidelines appear to vary
    I can see reference to 1 loo for each 100 attendees as a guide
    and reference to 1 loo for 75 females and 1 for every 400 men with urinals for every 100 men
    The council would have been involved with the planning and would have signed off the facilities
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 13th Jun 17, 1:42 PM
    • 18,712 Posts
    • 9,969 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:42 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:42 PM
    What are my (and others rights) with this?
    Other than the right to complain to the organisers (and the local council), I can't see you have any "rights".

If you are hoping for a refund, I think you will be disappointed.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 13th Jun 17, 1:51 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:51 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:51 PM
    do you mean there were other toilets in other areas?
    the guidelines appear to vary
    I can see reference to 1 loo for each 100 attendees as a guide
    and reference to 1 loo for 75 females and 1 for every 400 men with urinals for every 100 men
    The council would have been involved with the planning and would have signed off the facilities
    Originally posted by Caz3121
    I have been involved in running a local country show for the last 6 years and we get average 20K at the event throughout the day and all we provide is 1 disabled portaloo and 6 std portaloos and a make shift urinal
    • Undervalued
    • By Undervalued 13th Jun 17, 2:02 PM
    • 3,177 Posts
    • 2,893 Thanks
    Undervalued
    • 13th Jun 17, 2:02 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 2:02 PM
    I have been involved in running a local country show for the last 6 years and we get average 20K at the event throughout the day and all we provide is 1 disabled portaloo and 6 std portaloos and a make shift urinal
    Originally posted by angryparcel

Do you also supply corks and hose clips?

• angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 13th Jun 17, 3:16 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 13th Jun 17, 3:16 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 3:16 PM

Do you also supply corks and hose clips?

Originally posted by Undervalued
    nope people manage
    • CardinalWolsey
    • By CardinalWolsey 14th Jun 17, 12:57 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    CardinalWolsey
    • 14th Jun 17, 12:57 PM
    • 14th Jun 17, 12:57 PM
    I'm assuming your clientele perhaps don't consume as much "liquid" as at a music festival though.
    • pimento
    • By pimento 14th Jun 17, 1:42 PM
    • 5,227 Posts
    • 6,777 Thanks
    pimento
    I bought myself a shewee that lets me pee standing up. My bladder would never last an hour assuming that most people join the queue when they already needed to go.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 14th Jun 17, 2:07 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    angryparcel
    I'm assuming your clientele perhaps don't consume as much "liquid" as at a music festival though.
    Originally posted by CardinalWolsey
    Beer tent is always full, my bladder must be lined with lead as i will be onsite from 5am til 10pm and i only drink water and i never need to go for a pee throughout the day
    • timbstoke
    • By timbstoke 15th Jun 17, 1:41 PM
    • 926 Posts
    • 1,199 Thanks
    timbstoke
    Maybe you wouldn't have waited so long if you'd just picked a queue and waited in it, instead of running between facilities to try and find a shorter queue? Download loos have always been a bit grim, but the queues do move pretty quickly once you actually get in one. If you're really desperate, the staff at the disabled viewing platform are also really friendly, and will let you slip in and use the disabled facilities as long as there isn't a queue for them (which there rarely is).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

190Posts Today

1,511Users online

Martin's Twitter