Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • deggsbro
    • By deggsbro 13th Jun 17, 11:24 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    deggsbro
    Do I have to pay UKCPS????
    • 13th Jun 17, 11:24 AM
    Do I have to pay UKCPS???? 13th Jun 17 at 11:24 AM
    Any help appreciated guys....
    I was parked in the courtyard of my home address 2 wks ago, this area is "protected" bu UKCPS, as is the basement parking (which i have a permit for, but not the courtyard!). Recently i left my car in the courtyard for 15 mins while i picked up my daughter, when i returned i had a PCN ticket stating 'Without a valid permit or authority' please pay £100. (the area clearly states UKCPS patrol the area also)
    I have spoken to my management company who employ UKCPS (but only for the basement), and asked for advice.....i havent received alot of feedback other than they dont like to get involved!
    Iv spoken to UKCPS wardens who patrol the area and theyve told me that as my permit clearly shows im a resident they wouldnt give me a ticket .....unfortunately i dont have there names / numbers!
    Anyway, iv read the threads (nice work btw guys), should i just wait till i receive something through the post then appeal using the template for IPC members???......any help appreciated
Page 1
    • Herzlos
    • By Herzlos 13th Jun 17, 12:13 PM
    • 5,021 Posts
    • 4,489 Thanks
    Herzlos
    • 13th Jun 17, 12:13 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 12:13 PM
    No, you don't.

Does your lease say anything about having to follow UKCPS' rules? If not, lease trumps anything they say.

Tell your management company to get it cancelled or you'll add them as a party to the counterclaim.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 13th Jun 17, 1:08 PM
    • 2,129 Posts
    • 3,138 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:08 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:08 PM
    S patrol the area also)

Iv spoken to UKCPS wardens who patrol the area and theyve told me that as my permit clearly shows im a resident they wouldnt give me a ticket .....unfortunately i dont have there names / numbers!
    Originally posted by deggsbro
    You are talking about sham wardens in a scam industry, they lie, why would you think they have numbers they are not official!
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • deggsbro
    • By deggsbro 13th Jun 17, 1:10 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    deggsbro
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:10 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:10 PM
    I'll check it out, however the area where i got the ticket is not covered by my management company so its unlikely (cheers anyway) Iv read several threads on here, so im trying to follow the paths they take....dont bother appealing to UKCPS straight away as they'll always get ignored / binned, ignore 14 day reduced fee, and wait for letter to drop......
    Any further info / advice greatly appreciated....
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jun 17, 6:48 PM
    • 46,883 Posts
    • 60,203 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jun 17, 6:48 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 6:48 PM
    I have spoken to my management company who employ UKCPS (but only for the basement), and asked for advice.....i havent received alot of feedback other than they dont like to get involved!
    Insist - and quickly. For a short time - a couple of weeks - UKCPS will cancel if the client/MA pays £10, so offer to pay the MA the tenner this week and keep bothering them till they agree to cancel this one.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,344Posts Today

7,761Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's existential Twitter poll: Choose betwn huge success & renown within ur lifetime then forgotten, or only after death but for millenia

• RT @themiltonjones: Bother. Chucked out of Question Time.

• Hmm I meant getting radical in my last tweet - having googled 'getting rad', I may not be in touch with t'lingo... https://t.co/t538UveBuz

• Follow Martin