Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nickbooth1970
    • By nickbooth1970 13th Jun 17, 9:56 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    nickbooth1970
    Groupon Purchase
    • 13th Jun 17, 9:56 AM
    Groupon Purchase 13th Jun 17 at 9:56 AM
    Hi all

I brought a Microsoft Surface Pro in July 2015 through groupon via a company called BestbuyPhoto.
    The surface packed up, so went hunting to see what rights etc I have and am not really sure. BestBuyPhoto seems to have disappeared for the ether so they are no go. Microsoft say they only warranty for 12 months. Had I brought it through a major retailer then I would have had some rights to get it repaired. I paid using a credit card, although would have to check to see which one I used as I have changed recently and may not have the card I used anymore.

Do I have any rights? with anyone?

thanks in advance

Nick
Page 1
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 13th Jun 17, 10:04 AM
    • 3,448 Posts
    • 5,891 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    • 13th Jun 17, 10:04 AM
    • 13th Jun 17, 10:04 AM
    Did you actually buy the surface with the credit card or did you use the credit card to purchase a voucher code which then has to be redeemed to get the surface?

If the former then you should have some protection through the card issuer, if the latter then I don't think you do as you didn't actually use the card for the purchase.

If a mix of both, a voucher for some and credit card for the rest then you should still be protected.

Because of how old the surface is now you may well be required to prove that it has an inherent fault rather than one caused by wear and tear, neglect or mishap.
    • nickbooth1970
    • By nickbooth1970 13th Jun 17, 10:07 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    nickbooth1970
    • 13th Jun 17, 10:07 AM
    • 13th Jun 17, 10:07 AM
    It was a direct purchase by the looks of the email I kept. I have found the card receipt also, so will contact the credit card co now and see what they say.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,493Posts Today

7,468Users online

Martin's Twitter