Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DC17
    • By DC17 13th Jun 17, 2:56 AM
    • 27Posts
    • 12Thanks
    DC17
    St Austell McDonald £100 PCN
    • 13th Jun 17, 2:56 AM
    St Austell McDonald £100 PCN 13th Jun 17 at 2:56 AM
    Hi everyone,

I want to thank in advanced all the time and effort done so far on this forum.

I have gone thru newbies and FAQ.

I have read numerous posts.

I think I understand What to do but would still like to have a feedback before proceeding.

What we need to know is,

Was there a windscreen ticket? No
    Did the keeper receive a NTK? Yes
    What was the reason for the PCN/NTK being issued? Overstayed 17 minutes longer.
    Was this pay and display? No
    Was ANPR used? Yes

Thank you Fruitcake. It was way to late and I guess after an overload of information I did the wrong thing. Thanks again.
    Last edited by DC17; 13-06-2017 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Advised that had put enough info for scammers.
Page 3
    • DC17
    • By DC17 15th Jul 17, 7:27 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    DC17
    I don't know if you've read the Parking Prankster blogs, but if you Google 'Parking Prankster DPA breach' it will bring up three or four successful cases. The main reason for claims was for a breach of the DPA (causing distress), but not causing stress per se.

So if you're ultimately to go for this, you need the right peg to hang your hat on.

To my knowledge there have been no more successful DPA breach cases than those already blogged by PP. But I understand some are in the pipeline for pursuit later this year - it's early days in respect of pursuing this action against the private parking industry, so maybe keep your powder dry to see more outcomes. You have 6 years in which to make a claim.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    It will. I love the picture of the sign among foliage.

Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    However, with that amount of argument the Assessor is likely to find at least one point with which he/she agrees, It is the PPC who will have to do all the work. I expect they will cop out.
    Originally posted by The Deep

Started my appeal and it asks "Please make sure your Phone Number is correct so we send your appeal result."??

Any comments?

Thank you.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jul 17, 8:55 PM
    • 50,577 Posts
    • 63,959 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I've put in loads of POPLA appeals and always put 00000000000 as the phone number.

As for the DPA 'compensation for distress' issue, no rush to do that. Wait and see how the land lies by the end of the year.

I am aware that not all cases have been won, and that not many have been attempted yet. You need to have grounds for claiming data breach that are very strong - e.g. I would say the strongest ones are where the charge had no merit at all:

- double dip cases
    - PCNs issued in error (e.g. the recent Peel Centre machine errors)
    - MIL cases where a PPC has 'sold' DVLA data to MIL, conduct which is against the KADOE.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• DC17
    • By DC17 15th Jul 17, 9:48 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    DC17
    I've put in loads of POPLA appeals and always put 00000000000 as the phone number.
    Thanks with so much info in my head I've missed that one.

As for the DPA 'compensation for distress' issue, no rush to do that. Wait and see how the land lies by the end of the year.
    Can't wait to see what side the scale is going to fall on.

I am aware that not all cases have been won, and that not many have been attempted yet. You need to have grounds for claiming data breach that are very strong - e.g. I would say the strongest ones are where the charge had no merit at all:

- double dip cases
    - PCNs issued in error (e.g. the recent Peel Centre machine errors)
    - MIL cases where a PPC has 'sold' DVLA data to MIL, conduct which is against the KADOE.
    Agreed that those are the strong cases.
    I would like more involvement from BPA and DVLA.
    But still hopping that based on the amount of errors the operator has,surely it's case to discredit the entire system, and rethink the "power" that is given to the operator. (no such thing as a perfect world)
    And Follow some successful examples of other places where no charges are implemented or barriers with significant control of the system and communication on site for any problems that may arise.

Again thanks for the active and helpful comments.

The operator has a lot to read. Before this goes anywhere. Ended with 125 pages and over 40500 words and over a dozen pictures.

Considering this is based on an appeal as the RK only, I don't know how long the paperwork it would be if it was an appeal as the driver.

I'm always around and I have been "Print Screening" everything, to show in detail what I did. If it works I hope it can help others.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 16th Jul 17, 8:42 AM
    • 7,155 Posts
    • 6,202 Thanks
    The Deep
    That it all very well, but I know how long it takes to write this stuff, even cutting and pasting from other sources. How long have you actually spent on this, and how do you hope to get it back?

Let us get this in proportion. this was a few minutes overstay in a fast food restaurant. N0-one died here.
    Last edited by The Deep; 16-07-2017 at 8:46 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • DC17
    • By DC17 4th Aug 17, 9:42 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    DC17
    Hi everyone.

Thank you for all your help.

Yesterday I received this email.

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for submitting your parking charge Appeal to POPLA.

An Appeal has been opened with the reference XXXXXXXXXX.

MET Parking Services have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Yours sincerely

POPLA Team

ETXXXX/XXX

When I went online to check.

Appeal has been withdrawn by the operator
    Withdrawn on 03/08/2017

Verification Code

3XXXXXXXX3

Withdrawal reasons

RUHAL???

Happy with the decision.

But I would like to have an answer more than "RUHAL???".

Can Anyone help me in how to get more information?

Thank you.

P.S. Would like to post on POPLA Decisions... But would really preferred to have more info to help others.
    Also will post here the pics of all the steps.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,911Posts Today

8,741Users online

Martin's Twitter