Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • f1119
    • By f1119 13th Jun 17, 12:05 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    f1119
    AA Credit Card and document certification question
    • 13th Jun 17, 12:05 AM
    AA Credit Card and document certification question 13th Jun 17 at 12:05 AM
    Hi there

Applied for an AA 0% (30 month credit card). They've asked my for two pieces of information

1. ID
    2. Proof of address (Gas, Electricity bill, Bank Account, Credit Card Statements)

They want it signed by a Solicitor, Accountant, or bank official. I don't have either of the first two, and banks no longer do this. Can I get it done in the Post Office?

For proof of address, does anyone know if I can supply a recent Poll Card with my address on it?

Thanks
Page 1
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 13th Jun 17, 12:34 AM
    • 5,466 Posts
    • 5,269 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 13th Jun 17, 12:34 AM
    • 13th Jun 17, 12:34 AM
    AA are renowned on here for their stringent approach to ID verification, and they do have rules that appear stricter than many others.

Even if anyone was to offer you assurances that your workarounds/shortcuts had worked previously it would obviously be no guarantee that they'd work again so, given their reputation, I'd suggest you either stick to the letter of their request or go elsewhere, or alternatively contact them directly to see if they're prepared to compromise (don't build up your hopes!).
    • f1119
    • By f1119 13th Jun 17, 7:10 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    f1119
    • 13th Jun 17, 7:10 AM
    • 13th Jun 17, 7:10 AM
    Thanks, wish I looked at this forum before applying

That will be a "hard search" on my credit rating I guess if I don't proceed?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

298Posts Today

2,654Users online

Martin's Twitter