Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • McnR
    • By McnR 12th Jun 17, 11:21 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    McnR
    Student Loan Options
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:21 PM
    Student Loan Options 12th Jun 17 at 11:21 PM
    Hi, I am a mature student doing a part time undergraduate degree. Already completed an undergraduate degree 10 years ago, meaning I am not eligible for government loan. I funded 2 years on zero interest credit cards. But its building up as other cost cost prevent me being able to pay this. I have 2 more years and I don't know what the best loan would be as other course costs mean I cant afford to pay much off while studying the next two years. Can any one offer loan advise? Thanks
Page 1
    • Pixie5740
    • By Pixie5740 13th Jun 17, 8:42 AM
    • 10,826 Posts
    • 14,961 Thanks
    Pixie5740
    • 13th Jun 17, 8:42 AM
    • 13th Jun 17, 8:42 AM
    What is it you need help funding? The course fees or living costs? Have you been to see the finance officer at university. I used to go every year and it always proved lucrative for me because there were so many funds and scholarships I was eligible for but very few people actually bothered applying for.
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery.
    • blueberry5
    • By blueberry5 19th Jun 17, 1:42 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    blueberry5
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:42 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:42 PM
    Could you maybe study part time? Full time tuition fee allocation is not taken into account for funding of part time courses. There are also sites that can help find funding for certain courses
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 19th Jun 17, 1:49 PM
    • 1,231 Posts
    • 2,603 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:49 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:49 PM
    Could you maybe study part time? Full time tuition fee allocation is not taken into account for funding of part time courses. There are also sites that can help find funding for certain courses
    Originally posted by blueberry5
    OP will not be eligible for part time undergraduate funding as he already has an honours degree.
    • richardtaylor
    • By richardtaylor 20th Jun 17, 9:32 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    richardtaylor
    • 20th Jun 17, 9:32 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 9:32 AM
    As the parent or partner of a student, you’ll usually support a student finance application if the student is applying based on their household income.

How to support an application

1. After the student has applied you’ll be sent an email asking you to confirm your income. You can do this online.
    2. If you expect your income to drop by 15% or more, send Student Finance England a current year income assessment form.
    3. Student Finance England may ask for more details and evidence of your income or circumstances.

You Can Upload all the Documents to Gov UK website or send document to Authority Student Finance England
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

262Posts Today

1,243Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin