Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ruurb
    • By Ruurb 12th Jun 17, 9:25 PM
    • 32Posts
    • 49Thanks
    Ruurb
    Question: Which PPCs (if any) comply with POFA?
    • 12th Jun 17, 9:25 PM
    Question: Which PPCs (if any) comply with POFA? 12th Jun 17 at 9:25 PM
    Evening,

So I see there is plenty of useful advice such as the newbie guide but didn't see anything on this point. As the title suggests, do any of the PPCs comply with POFA which gives them the right to pursue the keeper?

I ask mainly because I may be expecting a PCN through from Excel or possibly Euro Car Parks
    as RK (not sure which one as I was not the driver though the driver isn't sure who the PPC managing the car park is but thinks that they overrun on their time). I did a search of some recent Excel or Euro Car Park NTKs and I think they may be POFA compliant, or perhaps I am wrong?

If there are some PPCs who do comply with POFA, perhaps a suggestion to add that as a thread so that it can be glanced at quickly and/or what defences might be available if the NTK is POFA compliant.

If Excel or Euro are not POFA compliant, maybe this is my chance to pursue DPA claim if proceedings are issued
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jun 17, 9:32 PM
    • 14,790 Posts
    • 18,606 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Jun 17, 9:32 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 9:32 PM
    some try to , like PE and now not so SMART

excel and ecp and many , many others fail pofa2012 most or all of the time, but given many losses in court since BEAVIS they appear to be tightening up on trying to be POFA compliant

none of them are 100% at achieving this , but as their claims fail on points of law I think we will see more compliancy in the future

so its a fluid point and varies widely, so impossible to police effectively

this is why we tell each member to check their NTK,s etc against POFA2012

it is also harder because each one has their own version of NTK , which can also vary, whereas if there was one standard form for all it would be easier
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Ruurb
    • By Ruurb 12th Jun 17, 10:14 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Ruurb
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:14 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:14 PM
    Ah I see, thanks for that. I suppose I will have to wait and find out - will try to gain further info from the driver in the meantime, you'd think that after a number of years with it being in force they ought to have know how to comply!

If I do receive an NTK I'll be sure to update.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Jun 17, 10:42 PM
    • 5,533 Posts
    • 7,113 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:42 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 10:42 PM
    Ah I see, thanks for that. I suppose I will have to wait and find out - will try to gain further info from the driver in the meantime, you'd think that after a number of years with it being in force they ought to have know how to comply!

If I do receive an NTK I'll be sure to update.
    Originally posted by Ruurb
    The whole problem is the government. They thought by setting up
    ATA's such as the BPA and IPC with so called codes of practice would suffice. They never took into account that they attracted some of the worst scammers the UK has ever seen ??

And those scammers include solicitors who are SRA members, making the SRA an organisation never to be trusted.

The scammers will never comply whilst government allows this mega UK scam to continue.

The good news is that this forum works a treat to whoop the
    scammers and we are winning with more and more scammers being whooped in court and most importantly, the courts waking up to the scam

Until government properly regulate this scam, the parking cowboys will continue and that includes debt collectors like DRP who are the biggest load of cr*p going
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,222Posts Today

8,333Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin