Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • roughsea
    • By roughsea 12th Jun 17, 9:05 PM
    • 53Posts
    • 8Thanks
    roughsea
    Barclays been a bit arsey
    • 12th Jun 17, 9:05 PM
    Barclays been a bit arsey 12th Jun 17 at 9:05 PM
    Barclays basic account opened and have access to online banking but no access to mobile banking.

Also looks like my contactless has been stopped

Anyone else having issues ?
Page 1
    • ToxtethO'Grady
    • By ToxtethO'Grady 18th Jun 17, 1:11 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    ToxtethO'Grady
    • 18th Jun 17, 1:11 AM
    • 18th Jun 17, 1:11 AM
    Contactless is a form of credit so if you're going through insolvency it will be stopped
    • Johnsmith2016
    • By Johnsmith2016 18th Jun 17, 7:06 AM
    • 425 Posts
    • 219 Thanks
    Johnsmith2016
    • 18th Jun 17, 7:06 AM
    • 18th Jun 17, 7:06 AM
    Contactless is certainly not a form of credit.

I opened up a basic Barclay account the day I went bankcrupt told them as I went in I'd just been to court ... they opened me one up on the spot gave me my account & sort code on a slip of paper whilst I waited for the card, and set me up with the mobile app, online & telephone banking, and the card that arrived was contactless. Couldn't fault them .
    Try nationwide they were equally as good as Barclays and you get everything you could want in a current acccount minus an overdraft
    • peterkay369
    • By peterkay369 18th Jun 17, 9:23 AM
    • 98 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    peterkay369
    • 18th Jun 17, 9:23 AM
    • 18th Jun 17, 9:23 AM
    Contactless is a form of credit so if you're going through insolvency it will be stopped
    Originally posted by ToxtethO'Grady
    No it's not.

OP - give Barclays a ring to ask them would be the best thing to do. By any chance were they one of your creditors?

My Nationwide basic account has all of the above features, opened a couple of months before I went bankrupt and has been fine ever since.
    • ToxtethO'Grady
    • By ToxtethO'Grady 18th Jun 17, 9:27 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    ToxtethO'Grady
    • 18th Jun 17, 9:27 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 9:27 PM
    When contactless transactions are made, using our debit cards, they are authorised immediately at the terminal and do not check whether the customer has sufficient funds in their account. "At Lloyds, customers receive debit cards with different levels of control to suit their needs and financial position. The decision on what kind of debit card they receive is made when the customer opens their account (following a credit check). If an existing customer requests a contactless card, we review the financial profile they hold with us for appropriateness, rather than doing another formal credit check

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/bank-accounts/11340025/Why-have-I-been-turned-down-for-a-contactless-payment-card.html

Credit checks are carried out peridically and will often result in a replacement card with no contactless option. All banks will check the insolvency register and reserve the right to remove an overdraft or contactless facility at any time.

And when they do they'll quote that it is the terms and conditions that they can do that. Individual circumstances do not come in to it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

330Posts Today

2,737Users online

Martin's Twitter