Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jhoughts
    • By jhoughts 12th Jun 17, 8:09 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 2Thanks
    jhoughts
    Missed my appeal period with MET parking
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:09 PM
    Missed my appeal period with MET parking 12th Jun 17 at 8:09 PM
    Evening guys.

I received a postal NTK from MET Parking Services for apparently overstaying the 90 minute period in a McDonald's car park. I have complained to McDonald's both online and in store, but they both stated they couldn't cancel the ticket themselves.

Through both being ill and extremely busy, I sent off an appeal but received a letter in return stating that it was filed outside of their 28 day appeal period. Where do I go from here? Do I still get a POPLA code from them and carry on going? I've had to go through this process once before with a different PPC.

I hope this isn't covered elsewhere, I did try searching the board and reading the sticky thread. I've used this board to win a POPLA appeal before, so I'm kind of familiar with the process.

Thanks!
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jun 17, 8:21 PM
    • 32,402 Posts
    • 16,496 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:21 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:21 PM
    The newbies faq thread covers the procedure

if you were too late with your appeal then you are in the debt collector stage (covered in the faq)
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Jun 17, 8:59 PM
    • 14,024 Posts
    • 22,041 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:59 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:59 PM
    I sent off an appeal but received a letter in return stating that it was filed outside of their 28 day appeal period.
    What a waste of a golden opportunity. Getting a POPLA code from them now will be like trying to win the weekend's lottery. But ADR should be available - by law - for up to 12 months. But you're going to have to do plenty of research and dig everything about it up and then be prepared to plough your own furrow in aggressively pursuing it. We haven't seen any one succeed in this mission - but there'll always be a 'first'.

Alternatively, you ride this out for 6 years, including an initial burst of meaningless debt collector letters. Fortunately, MET are not litigious - at the moment - but they do have 6 years to change their approach.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/MET_Parking_Services.html
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jun 17, 11:51 PM
    • 48,929 Posts
    • 62,411 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:51 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:51 PM
    I have complained to McDonald's both online and in store, but they both stated they couldn't cancel the ticket themselves.
    They lied. Did you actually speak to the Manager instore? They cancel these all the time!

If not, just ignore MET and the daft debt collector letters.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,039Users online

Martin's Twitter