Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cottlad
    • By cottlad 12th Jun 17, 8:00 PM
    • 83Posts
    • 22Thanks
    cottlad
    Business Mileage From Company Digs?
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:00 PM
    Business Mileage From Company Digs? 12th Jun 17 at 8:00 PM
    Hi,
    Could anyone give me some clarification. I work away from home 2 weeks on/off on boats. I have a limited company and am contracted to drive a boat for another company. They provide accommodation (rented) some miles away from the boat and have always paid mileage to and from the vessel. I'm now being told this must stop as the accommodation they provide is classed as our home address when on shift and the travel is classed as a commute to and from home. So questions are
    1. Is this classed as my home address and therefore un-qualifying for mileage even though I have no say who I live with, where I live etc. and am away from my real home address and family for two weeks at a time.
    2. Can I still offset these miles against tax on my own yearly accounts?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Page 1
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 12th Jun 17, 8:48 PM
    • 30,849 Posts
    • 18,451 Thanks
    getmore4less
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:48 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:48 PM
    not really an employment question but a B2B

Whats in the business contract.

Put up your rates if not happy they want to pay you less by eliminating this part of the deal.

Talk to your accountant about what you can offset within the business
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

362Posts Today

2,534Users online

Martin's Twitter