Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JC17
    • By JC17 12th Jun 17, 7:12 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JC17
    BOS Premier Card stopping travel insurance
    • 12th Jun 17, 7:12 PM
    BOS Premier Card stopping travel insurance 12th Jun 17 at 7:12 PM
    We've had a BOS Premier card for 15+ years, costing £70 every year. Basically a posh card with no additional benefits over a standard card apart from the travel insurance that came with it. They've now written saying they're ceasing the travel insurance, saying that it was only ever a complimentary service - unsurprisingly meaning that the £70 fee would still apply...
    We've never once actively 'taken out' insurance with them on the card, and neither have we ever claimed against them. It feels like we were missold the card if travel insurance was simply a free add-on. Though we've asked BOS, we've never been told what it is that we've been getting for our £70.
    Can anyone advise if we should be able to get some level of refund for the annual fees from BOS, and/or how we should go about that? Any help appreciated.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 12th Jun 17, 7:16 PM
    • 14,154 Posts
    • 14,851 Thanks
    zx81
    • 12th Jun 17, 7:16 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 7:16 PM
    I can't see any case for a refund.

Ask them in writing what the benefits of the account are and decide if you wish to keep paying.
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 12th Jun 17, 7:42 PM
    • 7,182 Posts
    • 8,842 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 12th Jun 17, 7:42 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 7:42 PM
    Why did you choose to pay £70 a year then?

How often do you travel abroad?

How much have you paid out to other travel insurers, and why?
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 13th Jun 17, 1:01 AM
    • 2,071 Posts
    • 914 Thanks
    Ben8282
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:01 AM
    • 13th Jun 17, 1:01 AM
    I have searched for information concerning this card but unfortunately I have been unable to find any.
    The only BOS premier card I can find any info on is the premier debit card that comes with the premier current account although this would appear not to be the card you are talking about as both the fee is different and the premier account is a packaged bank account which includes a lot more than just travel insurance.
    From the tone of your post you it would appear that you are not very pleased with this product. That may be so, but when you took out this card 15+ years ago you must have wanted it then and have happily been paying the annual fee for over 15 years without complaining.
    When you applied and received this card you must have been given information about it's benefits so the 'I wasn't told what I was getting for my £70' is not really credible.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

315Posts Today

3,912Users online

Martin's Twitter