Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Muscle750
    • By Muscle750 12th Jun 17, 6:05 PM
    • 833Posts
    • 253Thanks
    Muscle750
    Another public sector golden pension
    • 12th Jun 17, 6:05 PM
    Another public sector golden pension 12th Jun 17 at 6:05 PM
    Someone i know just took early retirement from the civil service took £80k lump sum off to sunny places for next 3 months and is going to carry on doing a 3 day week when they return for more than if they carried on working FT and left the pension. And the last contact i had with my pension in the private sector was informing me of a loss in the fund overall virtually wiping out the previous 12 months contributions.one word......................JOKE ...........end of.
    We along with many others i know working in the private sector feel badly let down
Page 3
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 14th Jun 17, 1:58 AM
    • 616 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    Muscle750 - the car history of my wife and I over the last 35 years is: second hand Renault 5; new Vauxhall Astra Mk2; new Nissan Almera; second hand Toyota Avensis; second hand Ford Mondeo.

You've just had your Audi A6(!) bumped while unattended (sorry don't know how to link to this other thread on the forum).

If you are so worried about your future pension entitlement (negative), why are you owning such an expensive car (whether second hand or new and so expensive to maintain)? We could afford to buy a much more expensive car but choose not to as we see it as a waste of money. We choose not to do so, but you do. No problem. But you also chose not to get a gold plated pension.
    Originally posted by Manxman in exile

Apologies for quoting my own post, but why, Muscle750, was it necessary to include in your motoring post that your car is an Audi A6? It adds nothing to the substance of the post but suggests (perhaps weakly) that you are proud of the car you own now. Perhaps it would have been better to be less proud of your current vehicle and more proud of earlier career/pension choices.

Just my view but it's a bit like people irrelevantly saying "my Porsche...Ferrari...Bentley...Roller...Lamborghini ...whatever" has just been hit in the car park at Lidl. What difference does the marque of car make when your pension is dead in the water?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

322Posts Today

3,814Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin