Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fn2owner
    • By fn2owner 12th Jun 17, 5:49 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    fn2owner
    UK Car park management Ltd & Gladstone Solicitors
    • 12th Jun 17, 5:49 PM
    UK Car park management Ltd & Gladstone Solicitors 12th Jun 17 at 5:49 PM
    I got this letter from gladstone solicitors today in the post - i know the law has changed some claim to still ignore other claim to pay up.. i actually don't know what to do. Do i leave it or pay up..

I first got the PCN around jan time 2017 from UK car Park Management Ltd, then it went to DRP (debt recovery plus), then after a few letters from DRP / 6 months later i now get a letter from this firm "gladstone solicitors"
    Who appear to have a lot of connections when it comes to un paid parking notices/tickets.

the amount is £149 - there are requesting i pay this through the recovery company DRP and not to them directly. the letter isn't signed by individual instead signed by company. its not a wet signature either. the letter doesn't state county court just states "civic law". they are giving me 14 days to pay this up or else I'm to inform DRP and the UK CAR PARK MANAGEMENT LTD of my current address to defend any actions such a CCJ

i did search but the answers I'm find are old ... so any recent up to date answers or anyone who also got this type or letter before can help ? it not one of those letter before court its more or less a req for the sum if that makes any sense

Any help would be appreciated!

i tried to post a link but doesn't let me ..
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jun 17, 6:00 PM
    • 31,513 Posts
    • 15,527 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Jun 17, 6:00 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 6:00 PM
    You are too late now to appeal.

All you can do is wait and see if they try court action.

If they do come back and read up on how to deal with a court claim
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jun 17, 6:02 PM
    • 14,426 Posts
    • 18,004 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Jun 17, 6:02 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 6:02 PM
    its probably a DRP letter on GLADSTONES headed notepaper

IGNORE IT

come back if an MCOL is issued from Northampton court centre

the PPC has up to 6 years to issue a court claim

read post #4 of the NEWBIES sticky thread

read this too

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

check your letter against those on the BMPA zendesk , to see if its an actual letter from GLADSTONES , or if its a bogus letter from DRP
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • fn2owner
    • By fn2owner 12th Jun 17, 8:52 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fn2owner
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:52 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:52 PM
    yeah the letter has DRP all over it pretty much...

saying to pay them and not gladstone
    saying to contact them for a defence..

the amount was from 126£ to now (in the letter £149) ....
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jun 17, 8:55 PM
    • 14,426 Posts
    • 18,004 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:55 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 8:55 PM
    it can say 2 grand if they want to add £1900 in fees on top of the £100 their client wants, its just figures on paper, with no substance

come back if GLADSTONES send you a real LBC or if you get a real court claim from Northampton CCBC
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jun 17, 11:37 PM
    • 46,935 Posts
    • 60,280 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:37 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 11:37 PM
    i know the law has changed
    No it hasn't. This is just an ex-clamper, using ticketing to harass people instead.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

666Posts Today

6,282Users online

Martin's Twitter